Nintendo Fans I Found To Be The Least Knowledgeable Gamers

#31DarthFloatyPosted 1/29/2013 6:00:40 AM
Vyers posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
You have these ignorant folks everywhere. In general, actual Nintendo fans are the most knowledgeable folks in the industry. They've been around since the NES/SNES days and don't judge a game by its cover.

Just look at the gross amount of Xbox 360 & PS3 fanboys that refuse to buy/play Nintendo things because it has no blood & swearing in it.

"Nintendo fans don't judge books by their covers. Unlike Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 fanboys, who enjoy games because of blood and swearing."

Minor nitpick. He said "games by their covers". Never said anything about people.
#32GencoilPosted 1/29/2013 6:03:46 AM
nodley posted...
Nintendo fanboys are the most blinkered of all, they buy the same old recycled crap decade after decade.

Y'know, I could say the same thing about Call of Duty, Halo, Street Fighter, Ratchet & Clank or just about any sports game series. As a side note, while Guitar Hero was a relatively short-lived series, they milked the hell out of it during its time.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#33SuffurixPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:32 AM
Yeah, not to make this all sound like a broken record or anything, but you all have basically said it. I'm a Nintendo fan, yet I have extensive knowledge of PS1 titles, Xbox, and the 360. And I also know quite a bit about PS2 and Gamecube titles, even though I've never owned either one. It all depends on how much you really want to inform yourself, and I always try to do just that. Actually, a simple subscription to a gaming magazine is all it really takes. Maybe two or three even.
#34nodleyPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:36 AM
Gencoil posted...
nodley posted...
Nintendo fanboys are the most blinkered of all, they buy the same old recycled crap decade after decade.

Y'know, I could say the same thing about Call of Duty, Halo, Street Fighter, Ratchet & Clank or just about any sports game series. As a side note, while Guitar Hero was a relatively short-lived series, they milked the hell out of it during its time.

That's true of course, but Sony and Microsoft consoles have plenty of third party games available too, Nintendo fans basically get the same stuff they have been playing since the 80's/90's.
---
http://www.unikgamer.com/users/msg-2323.html
#35DarthFloatyPosted 1/29/2013 6:21:34 AM
nodley posted...
Gencoil posted...
nodley posted...

That's true of course, but Sony and Microsoft consoles have plenty of third party games available too, Nintendo fans basically get the same stuff they have been playing since the 80's/90's.

Sorry hon, but Mario of the 80's isn't at all similar to Mario of the 2000's/2010's. Also Pikmin sure has changed alot...
#36GencoilPosted 1/29/2013 6:31:21 AM
nodley posted...
Gencoil posted...
nodley posted...

Ah yes, I remember the good old 80's when I used to play Super Mario Bros with four of my friends at the same time, in HD with huge levels that would zoom out the more we spread out on the screen. And who could forget Kid Icarus, with its intense shoot-em-up stages and frantic multiplayer mode?
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#37ish0turfac3Posted 1/29/2013 6:35:27 AM
My IQ just dropped 15 points.. thanks tc.. ******e
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#38nodleyPosted 1/29/2013 6:41:20 AM
Gencoil posted...
nodley posted...
Gencoil posted...
nodley posted...

Ah yes, I remember the good old 80's when I used to play Super Mario Bros with four of my friends at the same time, in HD with huge levels that would zoom out the more we spread out on the screen. And who could forget Kid Icarus, with its intense shoot-em-up stages and frantic multiplayer mode?

Lol if that's what you class as decades worth of progress the OP's statement is true. Look a tthe way other games have changed the industry - GTA3, Doom, The Elder Scrolls etc. Nintendo fans settle for the same old sidescroller but with 4 players :D
---
http://www.unikgamer.com/users/msg-2323.html
#39slim_dailyPosted 1/29/2013 6:46:35 AM
I have these kind of discussions with someone i know over and over again with someone who is completely blinded by everything Playstation.
I find it really awkward why to even have this discussion because the three consoles out there serve a completely different audience. if you really want to have this discussion it should be about PS and Xbox players since they seem to focus on the same audience. It feels to me like comparing motocycles and bikes.
#40GencoilPosted 1/29/2013 6:50:14 AM
nodley posted...
Lol if that's what you class as decades worth of progress the OP's statement is true. Look a tthe way other games have changed the industry - GTA3, Doom, The Elder Scrolls etc. Nintendo fans settle for the same old sidescroller but with 4 players :D

How did Doom 3 change the industry? It's just another FPS that had impressive graphics for its time. Who says games have to change the industry to be good, anyway?
---