Nintendo Fans I Found To Be The Least Knowledgeable Gamers

#51RafedxPosted 1/29/2013 6:29:04 AM
RomanBlade00 posted...
I mean, the hardcore Nintendo fans. The ones that wear Nintendo clothing that have Mario, Zelda or even Yoshi on them. Many of them are of course female.

I used to chat with a Nintendo fanboy who refused to own anything SEGA and just had a limited knowledge to anything in gaming outside of Nintendo. It was really frustrating chatting with him since I was pointing out classic after classic that were released for SEGA systems and he totally dismissed it even though he never played those games or anything on a SEGA console.

I have found that these Nintendo fans are horrible. They'll buy anything Nintendo related blindly and praise it until no end. Has anyone encountered such blind Nintendo fans?

All fans can be terrible, Nintendo is far from alone in breeding closed minded "gamers".

I have met SONY fans that refuse to acknowledge any good game on any other system, same goes with Microsoft fans, they end up saying Nintendo is for kids and SONY is crap because their multi platform games are always inferior.

TBH I find Nintendo fans to be a bit more open minded, but I would only assume that as I meet way more PS and Xbox fans then I do Ninty fans.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#523rdTimesDeCharmPosted 1/29/2013 6:33:06 AM
ITT: "You are dumb" "No you are dumb"

I wish one day fanboys will stop aligning themselves with one series, genre, or publisher and learn to appreciate being a gamer instead of talking so much trash about the gaming industry.
---
When a flag blows in the wind, is it the flag that moves? Or the wind?
It's neither, kid. What moves... is your heart.
#53alacer807Posted 1/29/2013 6:33:52 AM
There are fanboys for every console. They're all blind idiots that refuse to acknowledge the pros of other systems.
---
"If you have an all seeing eye, why can't you see pandora's location?"
"Because of my slightly botched laser eye surgery..."
#54The_PlaceboPosted 1/29/2013 6:33:53 AM
ITT: People fall for a troll.
---
RBG* on Smogon
Super Mod, Facebook Page Manager
#55NightsOwlPosted 1/29/2013 6:43:38 AM
-looks at my Yoshi shirt I'm wearing-

Uh... About that. I'm not a blind fanboy and I'm not stupid. So please don't group me with the rest of the people who are.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#56AtalalamaPosted 1/29/2013 6:43:58 AM
Awww...another "Opinions & @ssholes" post. I was hoping for actual published research as reported by some reputable gaming site.
#57tehponycornPosted 1/29/2013 6:45:31 AM
TediousMatt posted...
nodley posted...
Lol if that's what you class as decades worth of progress the OP's statement is true. Look a tthe way other games have changed the industry - GTA3, Doom, The Elder Scrolls etc. Nintendo fans settle for the same old sidescroller but with 4 players :D

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4797/rehash2.jpg

lol, to all the people who say Nintendo rehashes games, just imagine Playstation, there have been so many rereleases and HD collections just for that system. Also, I'm pretty sure Playstation and Xbox gamers are less knowledgable. Most Nintendo console owners have a PC or an Xbox or Playstation, but not Vice Versa, also, we've been around since the revival of gaming in 83, That's about thirty years...Without Nintendo, Playstation or Xbox wouldn't exist. literally for Playstation, Nintendo is the sole reason Playstation exists. Also, when Playstation and Xbox need ideas, what do they do? They copy off of Nintendo. Playstation Move is just a cheap knock-off of the Wii Remote that nobody loves, and the same goes for Kinect, besides actually being kind of innovative and having a slightly larger fanbase. So don't go telling us that we're the least knowledgable gamers, I'll have you know that I know a ton of great games for all 3 systems

Nintendo: Mario, Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, F-Zero, Star Fox, Custom Robo, Balloon Trip, Yoshi's Island, Sin and Punishment, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, etc.

Playstation: Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Parrapa the Rappah, Killzone, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, InFamous, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, (not the crappy skylanders either), Wipeout, etc.

Microsoft: (note, Ima have to go into good third party here cause Microsoft doesn't have a lot of First Party) Halo, Gears of War, Banjo-Kazooie, (darn microsoft buying rare...grumble grumble...) Fable, Skyrim, Call of Duty, Battlefield, All the Kinect games, Minecraft, etc

And PC...

PC: Team Fortress, World of Warcraft, Star Wars the Old Republic, League of Legends, Starcraft, Minecraft, Slender, Amnesia, Happy Wheels, etc.

So don't even get me started on not being knowledgable on other systems.
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#58Ambassador_KongPosted 1/29/2013 6:50:21 AM
New user, obvious troll, 6 pages of responses.

This is why we can't have nice things. Troll topics always get the most responses and everyone wonders why the trolls never leave.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#59ChipChippersonPosted 1/29/2013 6:57:19 AM
I think Nintendo fans generally seem more laid back and less obsessive. They're pretty pleased with what they have and don't complain. Nothing makes me smile more than somebody becoming enraged at the fact that Nintendo fans just want to play games and don't give two poops about online play, graphics and the like.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#60Faceman_Posted 1/29/2013 7:00:41 AM
I've got tons of Nintendo clothing. Shirts, arm bands, belt buckles you name it! My personal favorite being my "Don't make me go Zelda on you" shirt.