So after watching the X trailer...

#21noutBrPosted 1/29/2013 8:44:33 AM(edited)
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
I remember seeing the first gameplay trailer and being absolutely blown away.
But looking at it now, it just feels very bland.

That explains it, I always thought Pulse and just about every other environment in FFXIII looked bland even before it was launched. The only great thing is the character models, they still look incredible even outside of FMVs.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#22Sailor GoonPosted 1/29/2013 9:14:37 AM
I think its cute watching the Nintendo fanboys go ape over the X trailer like its something thats supposed to be so graphically impressive, when console games have looked like the game for years.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#23noutBrPosted 1/29/2013 9:20:27 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I think its cute watching the Nintendo fanboys go ape over the X trailer like its something thats supposed to be so graphically impressive, when console games have looked like the game for years.

Even though I've played Crisis on almost max settings close to its release it still didn't stop me from being impressed by the graphics of many PS3 games I've played. Technology is not the only factor that makes games look amazing, art direction and execution is actually a lot more important.

The next Xeno game does look amazing, even compared to what we've already seen on PS3 and 360 though. I'm not saying it won't be possible on PS3/360 but it definitely is at least on par with the best looking games for both of those consoles don't you agree?
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#24ARsignal11Posted 1/29/2013 9:28:23 AM
noutBr posted...
ElectricKaibutu posted...
This might be a better comparison. It's a higher res vid too.

http://youtu.be/_WFPiHl_Wdc

Wow, has it aged that poorly?

Well, it still looks very good compared to many other games. Why do you think it has aged poorly?

I remember seeing the first gameplay trailer and being absolutely blown away.

But looking at it now, it just feels very bland.

That's probably your disdain of the game coming through.

FFXIII still looks gorgeous to this day. It's just everything else Square Enix managed to butcher about the game. It's an enjoyable playthrough, but falls shorts of what a "Final Fantasy" game should be.
#25shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:09:56 AM
Ff 13 is still a very impressive looking game stupid to argue it.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#26LemonKweenstaaaPosted 1/29/2013 11:08:13 AM
Sailor Goon posted...

It was almost as cute as seeing you defend 6 maps.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#27Skill4ReelPosted 1/29/2013 11:08:59 AM
The thing that fascinates me about internet message boards and people's overwhelming desire to argue about anything. Is how some choose to ignore what is right in front of their faces for the sake of remaining on one side of a particular argument. It is hilarious reading some of the stuff on these boards sometimes.

More RAM makes a difference, folks. Even with a non related game to this topic as I play Ghost Recon Future Soldier exclusively on PS3, but when watching footage of the same game running on XB360. There is a very noticeable difference in environment detail pop in. The XB360 version looks better in this area. To my knowledge the XB360 has slightly more RAM than PS3, and even that little bit more makes a difference in a lot of multi-platform games.

That is why it is so funny that when there is common knowledge of some of the Wii U specs to continuously read from people (some of them who are so called industry professionals) that the Wii U is on par with other current gen consoles. When that overly repeated phrase clearly is not true. Remember Ghost Recon Online?

Yes, I will find a way to fit the Wii U version of GRO into any conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBbBwMaXEVc
#28ReedeemerPosted 1/29/2013 11:15:27 AM
In FFXIII there was little to no exploring as it was very linear. I'll assume X will be more of an "if you can see it, you can get to it" kind of game, especially after seeing the player get into that robo costume and fly around.
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#29shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:16:39 AM
Skill4Reel posted...
The thing that fascinates me about internet message boards and people's overwhelming desire to argue about anything. Is how some choose to ignore what is right in front of their faces for the sake of remaining on one side of a particular argument. It is hilarious reading some of the stuff on these boards sometimes.

More RAM makes a difference, folks. Even with a non related game to this topic as I play Ghost Recon Future Soldier exclusively on PS3, but when watching footage of the same game running on XB360. There is a very noticeable difference in environment detail pop in. The XB360 version looks better in this area. To my knowledge the XB360 has slightly more RAM than PS3, and even that little bit more makes a difference in a lot of multi-platform games.

That is why it is so funny that when there is common knowledge of some of the Wii U specs to continuously read from people (some of them who are so called industry professionals) that the Wii U is on par with other current gen consoles. When that overly repeated phrase clearly is not true. Remember Ghost Recon Online?

Yes, I will find a way to fit the Wii U version of GRO into any conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBbBwMaXEVc

But you are comparing a next gen console to current gen, when the others release they will have massive amounts of ram compared to the Wii U, so what will you say then?.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#30vidalmorazaPosted 1/29/2013 11:21:00 AM
X game looks like more open world, feels like if you see something in the far distance, you can go there, in FFXIII is just an illusion, illusion of the endless hallway...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg