Finally playing Super Metroid

#1-NotoriousLynxPosted 1/29/2013 7:42:26 AM
Finally playing Super Metroid. Not that far, but I can already tell I'm going to have tons of fun with this. I just got missiles and I'm climbing back up all those platforms fighting alien chimps. All that time I put into Doodle Jump finally payed off.
#2Rasputin77Posted 1/29/2013 7:44:17 AM
I played it back in the day when I did the ol' Genesis / SNES swap with a school buddy, but that was it. Just DL'd it the other day, and looking forward to it very much.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#3IkaOneeChanPosted 1/29/2013 7:45:03 AM
Super Metroid... is that a new Wii U game? I didn't see it at Wal-Mart yesterday when I went in to buy Mario Bros. U, must've missed it I guess. I'm not a fan of scarey stuff with aliens and monsters anyway though.
#4Soanevalcke6Posted 1/29/2013 7:46:11 AM
It's one of the most Atmospheric and Best Action Adventure games of that time, and today. Have fun.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#5-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:49:42 AM
IkaOneeChan posted...
Super Metroid... is that a new Wii U game? I didn't see it at Wal-Mart yesterday when I went in to buy Mario Bros. U, must've missed it I guess. I'm not a fan of scarey stuff with aliens and monsters anyway though.

This is pretty much the Nintendo-related board, plus Super Metroid is on the virtual console, which is on the Wii, which is on the Wii U.

Anyway, I was going perfect 99 energy when I suddenly entered a room full of flies that swarmed me and halved my health.
#6-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:51:47 AM
Wow, there was a boss after that room? Got a game over already and I'm only on the third post. lol
#7Rasputin77Posted 1/29/2013 7:52:44 AM
I played it for a little bit the day I DL'd it... got to an orange door and didn't know wtf to do.

I got that, Super Castlevania IV, Majora's Mask, Mega Man X, and Mappy. Can't wait to dig into the others too.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#8-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:55:23 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
I played it for a little bit the day I DL'd it... got to an orange door and didn't know wtf to do.

I got that, Super Castlevania IV, Majora's Mask, Mega Man X, and Mappy. Can't wait to dig into the others too.

Castlevania 1 is awesome. I'd recommend playing that instead of the others. Surprised, never even heard of Mappy before.
#9Squirt_ShadoPosted 1/29/2013 7:56:18 AM
Remember to shoot at walls randomly to reveal upgrades!
#10GloryChaosPosted 1/29/2013 7:57:34 AM
If memory serves me correctly, the orange doors require multiple missiles to open. Either that, or you just don't have the means to open them yet. I may be thinking of the red doors.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666