I really hope Arc Rise Fantasia gets a sequel on Wii U

#1Im_A_DogPosted 1/29/2013 7:27:38 AM
It really deserves it. The gameplay is a lot of fun and strategic and I feel like the localization screwed it over. An HD sequel from Imageepoch localized by a better team would be wonderful. I can only imagine how beautiful it could look.
#2EdoVandeKampPosted 1/29/2013 7:46:03 AM
I want an Arc Rise Fantasia on Wii U too!
it was a really good game, and the VA wasn't that bad... being realistic I don't think this game gets a sequel, but I like to dream.
---
Proud Wii U owner.
#3The_HyphenatorPosted 1/29/2013 8:03:24 AM
I still haven't gotten very far in it (It's on my list of backlog games to tackle), but it seems like a pretty good RPG. I'm going to try it again soon, now that I've learned you can turn the game's voices off, which is fine by me; I'll just pretend it's a throwback to the pre-PS2 Final Fantasy titles. I always preferred imagining the voices in my head or reading them out loud and trying out my own voices anyway.

I don't know what Ignition was thinking, using the dub company that they did, but even they admitted it was a mistake. The Arc Rise dub is probably the worst I've seen since the Dreamcast days.
#4idrc82Posted 1/29/2013 8:32:49 AM
Just as long as they leave out the horrid voice acting.... my god i thinks its one of the most terrible va ive heard in my life.
---
3ds fc: 0817-4077-5176
Psn/wii u id: xGambloRx
#5teh1337gosuPosted 1/29/2013 8:34:42 AM
Me too, the gameplay and customization were great.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#6Rishah0078Posted 1/29/2013 8:41:06 AM
EdoVandeKamp posted...
I want an Arc Rise Fantasia on Wii U too!
it was a really good game, and the VA wasn't that bad... being realistic I don't think this game gets a sequel, but I like to dream.

The VA certainly was that bad. It was a good game despite terrible TERRIBLE voice acting.

idrc82 posted...
Just as long as they leave out the horrid voice acting.... my god i thinks its one of the most terrible va ive heard in my life.

This is where I'm standing on the issue.
#7dennis941012Posted 1/29/2013 8:41:59 AM

story was fine
game play was great
world was fun
characters were interesting
but but but that **** voice actors -.-
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#8xoftheuniversePosted 1/29/2013 8:42:51 AM
idrc82 posted...

It was pretty bad in the VA department but at least there's some good music.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#9hrodwulfPosted 1/29/2013 10:11:16 AM
I'd love one too!

Regarding the original, I don't know if turning voice acting off turns off the voices during battles too, which would be a minor inconvenience in some boss battles, since the characters warn you when a boss is about to do an special attack. I think they also telegraph it visually, but it's nice to have an audible hint if you missed the visual one.
#10someflamablekidPosted 1/29/2013 11:05:22 AM
AR:F was okay. It was a decent RPG. Ignoring the voices, my biggest gripe with it was the overwhelming boss fights. You'd be able to smear the enemies in an area against the walls, but once you hit the boss in the same area you would die. I had to use so many life bottles. I did my best to be strategic and such but some bosses were just ridiculous. Or I just completely suck. But I beat it.