Nintendo should just stick to handhelds.

#1PaneityPosted 1/29/2013 7:32:47 AM
They're consoles have been getting worse and worse. The SNES was the last great console they had, maybe the N64. But after that, the GC and Wii were just lackluster compared the GBA and DS. They should just leave the home systems to Sony and Microsoft so they can rake in all the money with their vastly popular handheld systems.
#2TheTrueNubPosted 1/29/2013 7:33:46 AM
You act like the Wii wasn't an absolute resounding success.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#3ish0turfac3Posted 1/29/2013 7:35:30 AM
N64=awesome
Gamecube=awesome
Wii=awesome
Wiiu=awesome
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#4Paneity(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:37:53 AM
Yeah it made a huge profit, but that was at a time when strange gaming peripherals were big. Like rock band, it sold big, but now no one's really big on those anymore.
#5CaptainMoosePosted 1/29/2013 7:38:36 AM
Lol, worthless topic.
#6AiddonPosted 1/29/2013 7:39:57 AM
this topic is now about pancakes
#7BoomerTheGreatPosted 1/29/2013 7:42:43 AM
The funny thing is I hear Sony is having trouble because even its core gamers are losing faith and Microsoft in my opinion is growing stale with me. With that logic Sony should make blu-ray players and Microsoft should try to improve Windows?
---
Greatness comes from within
#8GencoilPosted 1/29/2013 7:46:04 AM
TC, what you think and what Nintendo thinks are two completely different things.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#9trenkenPosted 1/29/2013 7:47:59 AM
The GC might be the dullest console ever made, but it did have some awesome games on it. In fact I felt they were far better than anything that ever came out on the Wii.

WW, Metroid Prime, Rouge Squadron and many, many more. But I do agree, their handhelds are just far better than their consoles due to actually having good 3rd party support, the games dont take as long to make, and they are cheaper.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10The_HyphenatorPosted 1/29/2013 7:48:06 AM
To quote a great sage of our time, "That's just, like, your opinion, man."

Personally, I've yet to be truly disappointed with any Nintendo console (Virtual Boy notwithstanding; I didn't own one of those, so it doesn't count). I'll agree that the SNES and N64 represent a high water mark that I'm not sure Nintendo will ever top, but the Gamecube and Wii certainly came close.

And frankly, where would the console industry be without Nintendo to drive innovation? Seriously, what have Sony and Microsoft brought to the table that wasn't brought before by Nintendo (or Sega, for that matter)? Sony introduced the EyeToy, Microsoft introduced the first unified network for a console...and that's about it. Pretty much every other feature they've added was done by Nintendo first, and Sony and Microsoft copied and (in some cases) improved on it. Without Nintendo to "borrow" from, the Playstation and Xbox consoles would be very different than they are today.