Does Nintendo just not care anymore now that Sony is a joke and Microsoft

#1JF_AlphaPosted 1/29/2013 9:30:50 AM
isnt doing much better.

Sony has been genocided by the hardcore gamers, and Microsoft's high reliance on 3rd parties undercuts any type of foothold in market power.

The big 3 Nintendo franchizes all seem to be going beserk due to a power trip, meltdown, something by the developers.

Mario- Seems to be in a state of limbo, in the mario 3d land interview, Miyamoto flat out said that they have been trying to get the 2D mario fans into 3d mario. Since 2007 and 5 years and some change later, they have yet to succeed.

So we get streamlined 3D mario games, and half assed 2d mario games, tired of the crappy music and recycled worlds in the 2D mario games, and the galaxy's are kind of blah with the lack of a hubworld.

Zelda- Someone is trying to kill the overworld, more than likely, that person is Aonuma seems he leads the Zelda team. WW, vast ocean of nothing, TP, vast FIELD of nothing, the ds games got rid of them entirely and SS had an overworld in name only, or a vast sky of nothing. Why wont they simply fill the overworld with weapons? Like alttp, extra swords, special arrows, whatever, anything at this point.

And no, a plot device master sword does not count as an upgrade

Metroid- The overwhelming negative reaction to other m, no more needs to be said
---
I did not ask if you have a psychic impairment, I asked if you have an impairment of the psyche-Zane Grey Staker
#2Rasputin77Posted 1/29/2013 9:35:20 AM
**Reads "Sony is a joke" in the title...**

GoombaX alt?
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#3EndgamePosted 1/29/2013 9:36:51 AM
hey, Galaxy was actually great, don't liken it to Half-Assed Land, I'm sorry, 3D Land

but to add on to your list:

Pokémon: ****ing ice cream pokémon, need I say more?

Fire Emblem: "let's just throw a bunch of enemies randomly across the maps and have them rush the players so we can half-ass the game its self and focus on the dating sim elements! what? game balance? what's that?" -the meeting they had about Awakening
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 1/29/2013 9:37:06 AM
JF_Alpha posted...
the galaxy's are kind of blah

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5DTY3Posted 1/29/2013 9:37:22 AM
- Someone is trying to kill the overworld, more than likely, that person is Aonuma seems he leads the Zelda team. WW, vast ocean of nothing, TP, vast FIELD of nothing,

Funny you leave out Ocarina of Time, home to the most barren overworld of all. Such a step down from a Link to the Past.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#6DTY3Posted 1/29/2013 9:38:05 AM
Endgame posted...
hey, Galaxy was actually great, don't liken it to Half-Assed Land, I'm sorry, 3D Land

but to add on to your list:

Pokémon: ****ing ice cream pokémon, need I say more?

Fire Emblem: "let's just throw a bunch of enemies randomly across the maps and have them rush the players so we can half-ass the game its self and focus on the dating sim elements! what? game balance? what's that?" -the meeting they had about Awakening

You copy paste yourself alot.
Also grow up.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#7JF_Alpha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:38:43 AM
Dont get me wrong, I liked the galaxies, I just dont like them taking away the hubworld and making some unholy cross with the 2d games.

Yes the 2d fans dont the 3d versions, accept that Nintendo
---
I did not ask if you have a psychic impairment, I asked if you have an impairment of the psyche-Zane Grey Staker
#8xoftheuniversePosted 1/29/2013 9:39:14 AM
Sony is a joke now.. they are out of money and errr Anti Used Game Tech? LOL. I have to give TC that much at least. However If MS manages to keep their new system at a decent price I see it selling. If it is like 500 + well... yeah...
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#9JF_Alpha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:41:00 AM
Funny you leave out Ocarina of Time, home to the most barren overworld of all.

Game was made in the late 90s yet still had spells, extra swords and special arrows, bare minimum, but Ill take anything at this point rather than this redefinition that they are trying shove down our throats.
---
#10icarus231Posted 1/29/2013 9:41:07 AM
I think he is referring to the fact that sony once was quality (not just games but all there product) and now the company is going down quick. There tvs are over priced and not as good as the competition and i wont even start a ps3/4 debate on here. Competition is good and we really do need all three systems to survive so we get good quality once there is no competition devs will get lazier and make half-assed games and raise the price.