Have you ever cheated in an online game?

#1lt519Posted 1/29/2013 10:11:20 AM
I have, back in my young gamer days. It was to get a higher ranking on a leader board; we had people purposely losing against me with dummy accounts. I haven't done it in years and even feel a tad bit of remorse thinking back on those cheating days.

So have you cheated? How and why? What games?
#2Virus66Posted 1/29/2013 10:15:37 AM
No. Can't take pride knowing you cheated your way to the top. I will admit I've used Action Replays and the such in offline games, but never in an online game and only after I've beaten the game on my own.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3DTY3Posted 1/29/2013 10:16:22 AM
Hell no
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#4NarutoPosted 1/29/2013 10:16:33 AM
Boosting isn't cheating.
#5lt519(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:17:47 AM
Yeah, I never directly effected anyone else's game play, just ranking I suppose. I totally remember using Game Genie and AR for offline games, I have no problem with that.
#6-NotoriousLynxPosted 1/29/2013 10:22:11 AM
Hell yea. Wall hack on Modern Warfare 2, phasing through walls on Halo 4. Honestly, its a lot of fun, and it may seem disgraceful to some, but I don't care. Point of games is to have fun.
#7NarutoPosted 1/29/2013 10:24:18 AM
Hacking is awful, you're ruining the game. The worst I've ever done was scamming people in MMO. I'm not cheating the game, just those greedy people that fall for the scam.
#8The_HyphenatorPosted 1/29/2013 10:24:56 AM
Nope, never. I don't cheat in multiplayer, period. Any fun I might have would be purely at the expense of other players, and I'm not that much of a jerk.

I have, on occasion, cheated in single-player games, either for fun (Gameshark on the PS1 was just a blast) or because I was legitimately stuck in a game and I just wanted to push through and finish it.
#9-NotoriousLynxPosted 1/29/2013 10:30:00 AM
Naruto posted...
Hacking is awful, you're ruining the game. The worst I've ever done was scamming people in MMO. I'm not cheating the game, just those greedy people that fall for the scam.

First off, your name is Naturo and that should be a bannable offense, but then you actually talk about how you scammed someone? mods pls b7

Whenever someone cheats against me, it makes the game so much more fun. Take wall hack in CoD for instance. I've played against a team full of people with that on and had to be as tricky and cunning as a human being can possibly be to beat them. It completely changes the game in a good way imho. Scamming is just greedy itself.
#10lt519(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:53:54 AM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
Naruto posted...

First off, your name is Naturo and that should be a bannable offense, but then you actually talk about how you scammed someone? mods pls b7

Whenever someone cheats against me, it makes the game so much more fun. Take wall hack in CoD for instance. I've played against a team full of people with that on and had to be as tricky and cunning as a human being can possibly be to beat them. It completely changes the game in a good way imho. Scamming is just greedy itself.

I don't have a problem with hacking, but keep it to your own servers/games. Not everyone wants to run into a game with a bunch of hackers or for that matter even a co-op game like BL2 where everyone has overpowered weapons and you don't even get to shoot anything.