Have you ever cheated in an online game?

#21TheBonfiniPosted 1/29/2013 12:32:13 PM
Hacked all the time in Diablo. I would town kill people and send portals up to people with high level monsters to steal their loot. It was great.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#22CyberHaunkyPosted 1/29/2013 1:23:28 PM
The only time I've ever "cheated" is when it was in a game clearly labeled as such. Like when playing Starcraft, I'd create a lobby specifically labeled as using mods, or id hack in PSO, but only with like minded friends.

Cheating in competitive games utterly ruins the experience for everyone else, but using mods or things as a way to extend a game's life, in a way that won't ruin it for others, can be really fun.
---
Animal Crossing City Folk: 2063-2750-3284.
#23_Sovereign_Posted 1/29/2013 1:28:00 PM
Nope, and when I find cheaters in matches I strive to beat them legitimately.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#24Villain_S_FiendPosted 1/29/2013 1:30:40 PM(edited)
No.

It's not a victory if you have to cheat to win, and it's not an accomplishment if it's not achieved through skill and perseverance.

Using hacks and mods for fun when everyone involved knows about it and is cool with it is perfectly fine, though.
---
No man is pudding.
#25Dark_Link92Posted 1/29/2013 1:30:28 PM
Yeah- not with an AR or anything to my recollection. The only example I can think of is in Metroid Prime: Hunters I would go to out of bounds areas to be invincible, or use the infamous Shadow Freeze glitch.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#26_FalstaffPosted 1/29/2013 1:44:16 PM
No, and it's inconsiderate to cheat in a game when no one else is cheating. You're willingly breaking the rules of the game in order to fulfill your own desires. That's terribly narcissistic.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#27dominatinggamerPosted 1/29/2013 2:17:28 PM
No. Cheating in a game when others don't know you are cheating and/or their experience is affected is kinda dirty imo
I use to use cheat codes in offline games but even that seems low to me at this point. I don't even like to take unfair trades and such in games like BL2 lol. I just want to know that what I have and the progress I made was done without added help of any sort.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#28lt519(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:19:16 PM
New Link posted...
Only under predetermined terms. Like getting a group together to escape te levels in halo 2. Never cheated to win.

That being said, i've definitely looked on my opponents screen on a local match haha.

Haha totally did this in Goldeneye. Remember they came out with contraptions full of mirrors so you'd have to sit 360 degrees around a TV screen so you couldn't see others screens. We tried to divide the screen with cardboard once when we were young.
#29Skill4ReelPosted 1/29/2013 2:31:36 PM
Never have to cheat to win. I'm Skill4Reel. Legendary status on the networks.

I did try to boost for Binary Domain multiplayer trophies once because finding matches in different game types was impossible on that game. Never tried it again though because boosting is boring as hell.