the definition of insanity

#31mjc0961Posted 1/30/2013 1:04:40 PM
The definition of stupidity - that comic.

As Iwata points out in it, Pokemon sells very well. And yet, this comic implies that they're trying to change that but failing because they make the same game every time. Uhm, no, I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't want to change a money making franchise considering the only realistic change they could make is selling a lot less.

Also, if the author of this rubbish comic doesn't like it, he or she should just not play it. I'm sick of all these self-entitled a******s who think that because THEY don't like the way a franchise is, it should be completely changed to suit their tastes and f*** all people who like it just the way it is. No. When the fans enjoying things the way they are vastly outnumber the people whining about how it hasn't changed (which they do), the whiners need to go away and just play something else.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#32mjc0961Posted 1/30/2013 1:08:23 PM(edited)
userfrigginame posted...
Yeah, except they're not expecting different results.

Exactly.

ADHDguitar posted...
Pokemon is the same because it got the mechanics right the first time around. People complain about Pokemon being Pokemon, which is stupid. I don't go complain about Madden because I don't like Football and how I think they should add guns.

Yep. Also I want to kick everyone who complains about Dead Rising in the nuts. No it should NOT get rid of the clock so you can free roam and go back to the main story whenever you want like GTA. The entire point of the damn game is racing against time. If you want a game that plays like GTA instead of Dead Rising, go play GTA and stop whining that Dead Rising should be turned into a completely different game! The rest of us like Dead Rising just the way it is now god dammit.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#33HammerBrozPosted 1/30/2013 1:10:13 PM
The comic complains about lack of innovation, yet the main character looks just like generic shooter hero number 9598502.
#34Just-SaiyanPosted 1/30/2013 1:11:58 PM
The comic complains about lack of innovation, yet the main character looks just like generic shooter hero number 9598502.

What the hell are you talking about?
#35mini_blightPosted 1/30/2013 1:21:44 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/76/19/a39e1bc70e8474a990f83cb02e3e39f6-the-definition-of-insanity.jpg

lol @ this comic claiming there's no strategy or depth.

Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
...wow...that comic was extremely unfunny. Mainly because it appears to be made by an insecure 12 year old who obviously only plays games like Call of Duty, GTA and AC because he's just cool like that.

So wanting a better pokemon game makes him an insecure 12 year old?

When people post this stuff it amuses me. It really just makes them look more insecure than they ever know.

What is a better Pokemon game?
#36JobocanPosted 1/30/2013 1:26:26 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
There's nothing with doing the same thing year to year if people like it and it's profitable. The problem is that people defend Pokemon for staying true to the original games, but criticize CoD for doing it.

Th problem with CoD isn't just that it never changes at all (at least pokemon occasionally introduces new mechanics in some games), it's that it never changes at all despite having been crap since the very first game.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#37Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/30/2013 3:05:15 PM
Th problem with CoD isn't just that it never changes at all

Have you ever played COD. If you did you would know this statement is ridiculous,
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#38vidalmorazaPosted 1/30/2013 3:11:50 PM
The whole "is the same game" is stupid, is not the same game, is the same mechanic or gameplay, but different/new locations, stories, characters, etc.

By that logic most games are the same, CoD, Uncharted, God of War, Battlefield, Zelda, Mario, Far Cry, Assassins Creed and many more....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#39ManuKesnaPosted 1/30/2013 3:15:39 PM
WOW nintendo fanboys got really butthurt haha
even tho i love pokemon and will get pokemon x, i found this funny
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#40GamespohtPosted 1/30/2013 3:25:29 PM
It's from Dorkly, the staff on that site are very hardcore nintendo fans, it's not meant to be taken seriously
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog