If a new Balloon Fight game was announced...

#1Virus66Posted 1/29/2013 1:52:02 PM
What would your impression be and what style of game do you think it would be? Classic Adventure game? Pretty much an HD version of the original? 3rd Person Shooter? :P

I personally think it would be an aerial based 3d adventure game, with Balloon Trip mode included. While I wouldn't be super psyched for it, it would be interesting to see how it would turn out and I would likely pick it up.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#2Jaime_BennPosted 1/29/2013 1:53:12 PM
Bomberman Act Zero style
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#3Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/29/2013 1:55:16 PM
The Balloon Fight attraction in Nintendo Land is essentially Balloon Fight 2.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#4Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:56:14 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...

That's like saying Mario Chase is essentially the next Mario, or that Metroid Blast was the next Metroid game.
---
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#5Banjo2553Posted 1/29/2013 2:10:37 PM(edited)
Virus66 posted...

That's like saying Mario Chase is essentially the next Mario, or that Metroid Blast was the next Metroid game.

Except not really, lol. There wasn't much to begin with for Balloon Fight and the Balloon Fight attraction pretty much WAS the NES game with better controls. But having said that, it would be interesting to see an actual sequel expanded somehow.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#6SnackasaurusPosted 1/29/2013 2:21:30 PM
A new Balloon Kid would be much better then a new Balloon Fight. Since it's Balloon Fight fleshed out into a more full "Beginning to end" game.
#7Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:42:11 PM
Snackasaurus posted...
A new Balloon Kid would be much better then a new Balloon Fight. Since it's Balloon Fight fleshed out into a more full "Beginning to end" game.

This would be understandable as well. I don't think there is any reason that Nintendo couldn't find a way to make either title work if they wanted to. They made Jumpman from the Donkey Kong game into a plumber named Mario that traverses the galaxies kicking turtles and eating mushrooms... why could they not make the Balloon Fighter into something too?
---
#8Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/29/2013 11:49:48 PM
Virus66 posted...

I COULD say that if I drank a ton of bleach and never played a Mario / Metroid title in my life. Have you played Balloon Fight? It's floating around, dodging obstacles, and killing enemies. What do you do in the Nintendo Land attraction? You float around, dodge obstacles, and kill enemies.

What do you do in Mario Chase? You run while Toads try to catch Mario to make him go back to the Princess because he ran away after learning she was pregnant.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285