Is Nintendo's Miiverse safe for our kids? Not likely.

#21CaptainMoosePosted 1/30/2013 9:28:01 AM
Miiverse is a whole hell of a lot safer then creeperfaqs.com
#22Reflex-ArcPosted 1/30/2013 9:48:24 AM(edited)
Stricter moderation and more stringent posting policies are clearly required. I propose a "yeah!" only system. No one can can express any other opinion or thought other than "yeah!"

Did you just blow through 15 lives on that stupid ghost house level? Post about it. - "Yeah!"
Did you just make a Gigantic Winged Zombie Frog in Scribblnauts? Tell the world. - "Yeah!"
Perhaps you're angry because you died 15 seconds into Survival Mode in ZombiU. Nothing conveys that feel like a good terse... - "Yeah!"

As you can see, my plan is flawless. You're welcome, Nintendo. Should you wish to compensate me I do accept PayPal.
#23selfdeztructionPosted 1/30/2013 9:52:49 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Stricter moderation and more stringent posting policies are clearly required. I propose a "yeah!" only system. No one can can express any other opinion or thought other than "yeah!"

Did you just blow through 15 lives on that stupid ghost house level? Post about it. - "Yeah!"
Did you just make a Gigantic Winged Zombie Frog in Scribblnauts? Tell the world. - "Yeah!"
Perhaps you're angry because you died 15 seconds into Survival Mode in ZombiU. Nothing conveys that feel like a good terse... - "Yeah!"

As you can see, my plan is flawless. You're welcome, Nintendo. Should you wish to compensate me I do accept PayPal.

Yeah!
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#24Dave_Kirkham(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:27:30 AM
Also, it appears some alleged adults on this board are being abrasive to our children.
---
I am not a screenwriter. I am a used car salesman. I spend more on toys than my own 3 kids and I hate anything Sony puts out even if it is widely praised.
#25ElectricKaibutuPosted 1/31/2013 8:34:54 AM
Dave_Kirkham posted...
Also, it appears some alleged adults on this board are being abrasive to our children.

I'm still not sure if you're being serious, but if you are just tell your kids not to give out any personal info. Forbid them from using the video chat if you have to.
#26Rasputin77Posted 1/31/2013 8:41:14 AM
Parents shifting blame onto someone else, instead of doing any actual parenting of their own? In THIS day and age!?

Tell me it ain't so... next thing you know, we'll have man-babies placing the blame on other posters for making statements they just "couldn't HELP" but respond to.

LOL. Holy f***.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#27HellsingOrgPosted 1/31/2013 8:59:22 AM
nintendrones like to use the excuse that its the same all over the internet and therefore makes it so its inevitable...

yet they like to pretend that nintendo is the greatest and they are special when compared to other gaming companies and that nintendo is where the "fun" games are >_>
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#28Electric_SonicPosted 2/1/2013 1:01:18 AM
Miiverse is a whole hell of a lot safer then creeperfaqs.com

nah gamefaqs is actually relatively safe considering it's inhabited by the scum of the earth

yeah i hate children ngl
---
http://brawlinthefamily.com
#29ChargrilledPosted 2/1/2013 1:02:36 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
It's not Nintendo's job to protect your children. Yes it is nice of them to attempt, but it's mainly your job to teach your children how to be safe on the internet

It's not Nintendo's job to be your child's parent.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#30FoppePosted 2/1/2013 1:04:48 AM
Parents don't teach their kids Strangers Dangers any longer?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC