Which Nintendo series would you want to get an "Amazing Mirror" like game most?

#11wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:07:00 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
DrRM posted...
no metroid on poll...

SHAME ON YOU I SAY

Probably because Making a Metroid-esque Metroid is redundant.

Basically. We've already gotten a lot of really non-linear Metroid games. Might as well give a different series a chance.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#12shayminguy7Posted 1/29/2013 3:48:13 PM
Am I the only one that disliked Amazing Mirror because it wasn't linear? I'm not saying that I need my games drawn out with a dotted line, but I like to have some idea of progression.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4083 - 1284 - 9273
Pokemon Black Pokedex: Seen: 581 Caught: 546
#13Xenesis XenonPosted 1/29/2013 4:07:13 PM
Wario is almost there, TBH (Wario Land Shake It allowed you to complete the worlds in any order provided you unlocked them, Wario Land 3 was pretty close to the Kirby Amazing Mirror formula, too).

Zelda could probably do it well, but I don't see it happening what with Skyward sword. It'd be nice, I liked the relative freedom the older Zeldas provided that is notably absent from anything in the 3D era outside of Majora's Mask.

I don't see how Fire Emblem would work.

But yeah. I think Wario or Zelda would be my votes.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#14wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:24:05 PM
Bump.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#15VideoGamer1990Posted 1/29/2013 6:59:54 PM
So tempting...So much potential...Amzaing Mirror was a great game and to see another game have a multiplayer-like system similar to Amazing Mirror would be pretty nice to see.

Zelda did have some nice teamwork gameplay similar to Amazing Mirror in the form of Four Swords. It'd be pretty cool to see Zelda use the Four Swords formula with an open world like A Link to the Past.

Metroid would be another one I'd like to see. Since Amazing Mirror was pretty similar to Metroid, to see Metroid use the Amazing Mirror multiplayer would be pretty neat to see, especially if there were different Hunters to choose from. In fact, I'd probably buy first-day a Metroid Hunters in the style of Amazing Mirror, especially if it kept the secret passages and lots of places to explore.

Other games on that list also have some big potential for an Amazing Mirror-style game, like Wario Land, Donkey Kong and Yoshi. Kid Icarus is another one that I think has big potential as well.

So I'm just going to pick Other, cause I can't choose any of them and would like another game like Amazing Mirror regardless of series. Heck, even as a New IP.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 49
#16DTY3Posted 1/29/2013 7:12:28 PM
shayminguy7 posted...
Am I the only one that disliked Amazing Mirror because it wasn't linear? I'm not saying that I need my games drawn out with a dotted line, but I like to have some idea of progression.

You make your own path of progression in that game.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#17PoltergustPosted 1/29/2013 10:10:00 PM
wiiking96 posted...
DTY3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...
DTY3 posted...
Idunno. Zelda 1 was almost like that.

TC do you mean a completely nonlinear Metroidvania game (like the Amazing Mirror)?

Not sure what's going on with this post . . .

Look at the topic title.

Yes I read the title, smartass. I also read the topic content and it didnt sound like you were only describing Metroidvanias.

So nice try.

The part of the your post that said "like the Amazing Mirror?" just threw be off. Why would you ask me if that's what I meant if I explicitly stated that? I don't really see how my OP or TT are misleading.

The question mark is outside the parentheses. His question is "TC do you mean a completely nonlinear Metroidvania game?".

The "(like the Amazing Mirror)" wasn't a question.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#18StephenYap3Posted 1/30/2013 8:40:58 AM
Mario. I know that Super Mario Land 2 and Paper Mario: Sticker Star slightly had this, but for the NSMB series, I want Nintendo to approach that. I love me a non-linear game (most of the time).

As for Zelda...erm, I could go play Zelda 1 and 2.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#19MajinKogahazanPosted 1/30/2013 8:47:47 AM
Out of all these games.....Wario Land would probably make the best Metroidvania.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#20DTY3Posted 1/30/2013 8:55:15 AM
Poltergust posted...
wiiking96 posted...
DTY3 posted...
wiiking96 posted...
DTY3 posted...
Idunno. Zelda 1 was almost like that.

TC do you mean a completely nonlinear Metroidvania game (like the Amazing Mirror)?

Not sure what's going on with this post . . .

Look at the topic title.

Yes I read the title, smartass. I also read the topic content and it didnt sound like you were only describing Metroidvanias.

So nice try.

The part of the your post that said "like the Amazing Mirror?" just threw be off. Why would you ask me if that's what I meant if I explicitly stated that? I don't really see how my OP or TT are misleading.

The question mark is outside the parentheses. His question is "TC do you mean a completely nonlinear Metroidvania game?".

The "(like the Amazing Mirror)" wasn't a question.

Oh hey thanks. This.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.