VC game question- club nintendo related

#1TheRealJimmyCPosted 1/29/2013 4:27:55 PM
Okay so let's say next month club nintendo comes out with Super Mario Kart as an item you can purchase with your coins. I like Mario Kart so I buy it and redeem it under the token/reward menu in the wii shop.

Now will I be able to make that game "upgradable" or whatever we are calling it now for 1.50 or will the wii u system not recognize that I bought it.
---
Gamertag: Mr Anarchy Duck
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Halo Wars, Borderlands 2, Forza 4/Horizon
#2slymshadyPosted 1/29/2013 4:33:00 PM
We are allowed to upgrade the games (Not till the store officially launches in Spring) as Nintendo releases them. So come Spring, if they add Mario Kart to the wii u shop, then yes I assume you will then pay the 1.50 to upgrade it to utilize the wii u features. I have heard saves from the wii version will not load once you upgrade to the wii u version and try to load it using the enhanced wii u game
#3TheRealJimmyC(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:40:00 PM(edited)
Oh I am well aware of that. I am asking this because technically I did not "transfer over" the Mario Kart VC game to the Wii U. I would have simply downloaded on the Wii U in Wii mode. Am I looking too far into it and splitting hairs? I do not want to redeem these games and have to rebuy them full price later on down the road if I want the new features for that game.
---
Gamertag: Mr Anarchy Duck
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Halo Wars, Borderlands 2, Forza 4/Horizon
#4slymshadyPosted 1/29/2013 5:18:15 PM
Oh I am well aware of that. I am asking this because technically I did not "transfer over" the Mario Kart VC game to the Wii U. I would have simply downloaded on the Wii U in Wii mode. Am I looking too far into it and splitting hairs? I do not want to redeem these games and have to rebuy them full price later on down the road if I want the new features for that game.

It is still being housed on the wii section as you got it through the wii VC. Doesn't matter if you buy the game on the wii then transfer it, or buy it through wii mode on the wii u
#5selfdeztructionPosted 1/30/2013 7:14:35 AM
Yeah,you can upggrade it without a problem once Nintendo releases the updated version.

I've used the coins for other VC games and the games all showed up as purchased when I searched for them using my Wii or Wii U.

I want to get MK 64 but I'm on the fence since Nintendo hasn't released any info regarding when we can expect N64 games on the Wii U.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore