Think of every game you played this year so far

#1-NotoriousLynxPosted 1/29/2013 3:45:50 PM
List and rate them.

Dragon Quest VIII -- Played and beat this when it first came out. Bought it again and played it for like an hour, but I was already playing two RPGs at the moment, so I decided to stop. 9/10

Fallout New Vegas -- Decided to get the GOTY edition since I didn't buy any of the DLC before I sold NV. Man, this game is so great. I guess I can understand why someone wouldn't like this if they weren't already a FO1 & FO2 fan before. 9/10

Final Fantasy Tactics (iPod version) -- I got this on my iPod as a way to the pass the time mainly, but I did like it when I first played it. The iPod version is so bad, its pretty unplayable. 3/10

Halo 4 -- I gotta have at least one competitive multiplayer shooter with me. Halo 4 is alright; 343 kinda ruined custom games imho, but the competitive multiplayer is the best its ever been. 7.5/10

Nintendo Land -- Got it during the Wii U release, but I occasionally went back to the minigames whenever someone came over and they haven't used a Wii U before. Nintendo Land was played heavily at some parties I went to, especially that Animal Crossing minigame. 7.5/10

Shin Megami Tensei -- I love outdated games and I want to get more familiar with the SMT lore. 6/10

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 -- Started this a while ago, and I keep going back. Really want to finish it soon. 9/10

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey -- A great evolution of the series; retains all the classic elements of SMT and improves them. Awesome story as well. 7/10

Snatcher -- Awesome adventure game. Really love that you can look and investigate something multiple times and get a different message each time. Lots of work put in to this game. 8/10

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage -- I played this a long time ago but bought it on the PSN a couple of days ago. Camera is annoying, but I got used to it because I love the game so much. 9/10

Super Metroid -- To be fair, I only started today, but I got pretty far; pretty much everything I've been doing today. A great, atmospheric game. Really love the whole isolated feeling of it. Some of the best music in gaming. 10/10
#2IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/29/2013 3:48:39 PM
Games I started this year?

Ni no Kuni - 9/10, spectacular

Kingdom Hearts 3D - 7/10, I think this will raise when I get the CPP

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - 7/10, not as good so far as the past releases

Pushmo- 7/10 Fun little game

Super Mario Land 2 - 8/10 Great game

Links Awakening DX - 9/10 One of the best Zelda games

Dillons Rolling Western - 1/10, absolute and utter crap

Gunman Clive - 7/10, Decent

Donkey Kong 94 - 8/10 great game
#3RainsweptPosted 1/29/2013 3:49:09 PM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
Nintendo Land -- Got it during the Wii U release, but I occasionally went back to the minigames whenever someone came over and they haven't used a Wii U before. Nintendo Land was played heavily at some parties I went to, especially that Animal Crossing minigame. 7.5/10

I find this hard to believe.

You say "parties" as in more than one.

And in these multiple parties people were playing NintendoLand, and the Animal Crossing minigame at that

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying I don't believe it.

Pics?
#4-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:52:59 PM
Rainswept posted...
-NotoriousLynx posted...

I find this hard to believe.

You say "parties" as in more than one.

And in these multiple parties people were playing NintendoLand, and the Animal Crossing minigame at that

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying I don't believe it.

Pics?

Four different parties. When my friend and I originally got our's during the release, we had a party to test out all the minigames. Another one at a thanksgiving party. Another one at a christmas party. And last one at a New Years party. I didn't mean to make it sound like I had all those parties this year alone. I do have pics, but I rather not post pictures of my friends and I on an internet forum.
#5JackalPosted 1/29/2013 3:55:19 PM
Ni no Kuni Fun so far/10

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD - 8/10

Eve Online - 8/10

Dust 514 - 6/10, I'm not a FPS fan but the game is free and connects to Eve Online

Strike Suit Zero - Unrated, haven't installed it yet.

Dead Space 3 Demo - Unrated

MGS: Revengeance - Unrated
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#6Xenesis XenonPosted 1/29/2013 3:57:31 PM
Not too many, but the start of the year has been busy. Most of the playing has happened during the holiday break I had between NY and week 1 of Jan.

LEGO Lord of the Rings - 7.5/10
It's a pretty solid LEGO title so far. It's kind of like if a LEGO game and Skyrim had a child. It's a bit mindless, but its fun playing it co-op (like I do with all LEGO games) and beating up Uruk Hai.

Scribblenauts Unlimited - 7/10
This has been my de-stress and relax title. Strictly speaking it is a better game than the previous Scribblenauts games, but it hasn't kept my focus so easily. I'm playing it on the PC and having a keyboard to type names of things is an absolute godsend, too.

Puzzle Quest 2 - 7/10
Picked this up again for two hours when I needed to waste some time while in the middle of nowhere. Was more fun than I remembered, but I'm still terrible at puzzle games! :P

Wario Land II - 8.5/10
Now have this on the 3DS VC, having a lot of fun replaying it. Although I only nabbed this about two days ago.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 8/10
Enjoying this, got it as a christmas pressie. It's a bit flawed compared to the other PMs, but I'll be honest, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would considering the reaction to the game in general.

Borderlands 2 - 8/10
I'm not an FPSy guy at the best of times with a few exceptions and I don't think I've sunk in enough time for it to really grip me yet. That being said, it is fun and the game is well polished.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 9/10
I love TBS games and this is the only game I've been playing recently that has managed to deprive me of sleep. It's good! It's slick and I get to TBS some aliens to death :D
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#7-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:58:44 PM
Jackal posted...
Ni no Kuni Fun so far/10

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD - 8/10

Eve Online - 8/10

Dust 514 - 6/10, I'm not a FPS fan but the game is free and connects to Eve Online

Strike Suit Zero - Unrated, haven't installed it yet.

Dead Space 3 Demo - Unrated

MGS: Revengeance - Unrated

Whoa, Dust 514 is free? I remember seeing that a while ago and I thought it looked cool. I'm a pretty big FPS guy (really depends on the game though) so I might just get that.

I don't think you can really rate a game just by the demo alone. I played the demo for Sanic Kart and Rayman Legends. I was blown away by both, especially Rayman, but that's not enough gameplay to really see if its a 6/10 or a 10/10. Though, the demos did have a lot of replay value.
#8tuznecotePosted 1/29/2013 4:00:02 PM
Why?
#9IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/29/2013 4:00:06 PM
Dust 514 looks awesome, too bad I don't play console FPS games.
#10-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:03:26 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Dust 514 looks awesome, too bad I don't play console FPS games.

Oh wow. And its for the PS3. I don't like playing FPS games with the mouse and keyboard (I just use the 360 controller). Still, I prefer the 360 controller for shooters compared to the PS3 controller.