Nintendo fans, help me decide if wii u is for me

#11ADHDguitarPosted 1/29/2013 8:19:58 PM
Voelger posted...
Quote:Voelger posted...
Is the gamepad comfortable to use for long periods?

Do all games work with the game pad ?

I know wii games don't, but what about virtual console?

Yes.

Not all can be played ON the gamepad, most can, and all games can be played WITH the gamepad.

This feature is being added later.

@ADHDguitar

Oh... That has me worried! If I'm buying the system to be a beautiful house hold mobile system I will be very upset if a big game being released doesn't support gamepad only play. What if as the games get better, there are fewer and fewer allowing gamepad only play? Does anyone know if the remake of wind waker will allow gamepad only play?

The WW remake will be able to be played on the GamePad.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#12Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:30:50 PM
Ok thanks for this great info.

What about the way it looks on the gamepad?

Does it look good? Or is it down rezed so much it isn't worth it. I have watched YouTube videos and its looks very good.
Does GameStop demo kits allow for remote play?

I know zombie u doesn't allow remote play - but that's because part of the game is using the gamepad to play along with the big screen.
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#13SoeroahPosted 1/29/2013 8:52:32 PM
Can't answer the rest, but I see no problem with the Gamepad's display.

It's about the same as what I see on the TV when you take distance into account. Not too small.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#14SSJMewzardPosted 1/29/2013 9:10:34 PM
Voelger posted...
Well, I'm very interested in zombie u and Mario. I haven't played assassins creed 3 or Darksiders 2 and would get those.

I am extremely interested in wind waker hd, a new metroid, a new Zelda, the tales of games, Alien colonial marines, monster hunter, and resident evil.

I also would love to play super metroid again. The prime games, and xenoblade.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2013/01/vc-list.png

If you want Super Metroid on the game pad, it's getting released in May as part of Nintendo's 30th Anniversary of the Japanese Famicom (a game is available for 30 cents during the 30 days after it releases, with each month from now through July getting a game).

The official VC with a lot more games is supposed to come in April or May, I believe.

I can recommend NSMBU, it's a very fun game.
---
Why?
#15Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:14:32 PM
What's nsmbu?
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#16bleachgamer3Posted 1/29/2013 9:19:33 PM
Voelger posted...
What's nsmbu?

New Super Mario Brothers U