A new Zelda Four Swords style game would be perfect on the WiiU

#1anonymous4everPosted 1/29/2013 9:13:48 PM
The gamepad controller would be perfect for the style of multiplayer gameplay they were trying for with Four Swords Adventures.
#2ArchsazePosted 1/29/2013 9:20:27 PM
While I agree with you--especially since four wiimotes and a gamepad are a great combo, I am going to have to say that I hope that their idea of multiplayer doesn't bring Zelda Four Swords back. It's probably the only post snes console game I did not pick up yet because I had no one to play it with.
#3Poopcorn13Posted 1/29/2013 9:28:02 PM
Well, that's where online co-op can really benefit a new Four Swords.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#4Kentaro21Posted 1/29/2013 9:55:33 PM
That's not a bad idea.
#5Adrian2040Posted 1/29/2013 10:09:43 PM
Too bad that you can only connect up to two Wii U Gamepads to the Wii U at the moment. I'm not sure if it would work well online. Also, if you wanted to play this game online then would you really need the Wii U Gamepad?
---
Xbox Live and PSN Account: Adrian2040N
Pokemon Black - FC: 4512 9863 4715
#6crynryanPosted 1/29/2013 10:31:07 PM
Too bad that you can only connect up to two Wii U Gamepads to the Wii U at the moment. I'm not sure if it would work well online. Also, if you wanted to play this game online then would you really need the Wii U Gamepad?

The only reason you'd need that 2nd screen is so you can go and do your own thing while the others can be off doing what they want to. If you're playing online, there's no need for a 2nd screen. Although if you're playing with multiple people on the same console, that's when you'd want a 2nd screen.

Maybe we could even hope for a cross-play 3DS/Wii U 4 Swords game.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#7anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:04:45 PM(edited)
I was thinking more like 4 friends sitting around a TV screen, each with a gamepad. It would be basically what they were trying to do with four swords adventures, except without needing 4 GBAs and link cables.

I didn't realize however that only 2 gamepads can be used at once.
#8PoltergustPosted 1/29/2013 11:04:35 PM
anonymous4ever posted...
I was thinking more like 4 friends sitting around a TV screen, each with a gamepad. It's basically what they were trying to do with four swords adventures, except with 4 GBAs and link cables.

I didn't realize however that only 2 gamepads can be used at once.

Online co-op can fix that, though.

And who knows? That may be the direction Nintendo is taking for the next 3D Zelda game. They did mention something about changing how Zelda is strictly single-player.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#9StephenYap3Posted 1/30/2013 9:42:46 AM
I would love for one. I'd play it with my baby brother any day :)
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(