Will Wii U Sell 15 Million Units by 2014?

#1diggyfreshPosted 1/30/2013 12:45:18 AM
Nintendo just released an Earnings Report. They sold about 3 million Wii U units. If they keep selling at the current rate, they could sell about 15 million by year's end.

Can they do it? How?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#2StarBladeEdgePosted 1/30/2013 12:46:48 AM
because theyare the best and have some tricks and surprises.....haha just wait......

nintendo have more fun
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company Let's destroy the wiiu board trolls!
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#3squatch22Posted 1/30/2013 12:47:20 AM
I don't think they will do that much. 3DS sold 3.6 million in its first month and did about 17 million us its first year.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#4kdognumba1Posted 1/30/2013 12:55:23 AM(edited)
They need system sellers aka big exclusives. Having ports of multiplatform games, older or newer helps but it isn't going to sell the system to people who can already buy those games on their other systems. Personally, for me, this roll is already filled with the current exclusives and the ones in the coming months but ultimately, different people have different taste in games so only time can tell what games actually tickle peoples fancies.

I don't see them selling 15 million units this year however it can happen, who knows. Anything is possible.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#5diggyfresh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:01:45 AM
kdognumba1 posted...
They need system sellers aka big exclusives. Having ports of multiplatform games, older or newer helps but it isn't going to sell the system to people who can already buy those games on their other systems. Personally, for me, this roll is already filled with the current exclusives and the ones in the coming months but ultimately, different people have different taste in games so only time can tell what games actually tickle peoples fancies.

I don't see them selling 15 million units this year however it can happen, who knows. Anything is possible.

I agree that a big exclusive is necessary to boost/maintain sales. The Wii U is similar in form and name to the Wii. That was a marketing mistake that is hurting sales of the Wii U.

A big exclusive would distinguish Wii U because people would associate the system with something new.
---
#6Proto1215Posted 1/30/2013 1:04:55 AM
Maybe if the right games come out.
#7Proto1215Posted 1/30/2013 1:05:18 AM
And a price drop.
#8Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/30/2013 1:05:22 AM
diggyfresh posted...
Nintendo just released an Earnings Report. They sold about 3 million Wii U units to stores. If they keep selling at the current rate, they could sell about 15 million by year's end.

Can they do it? How?

Fixed

The stores gotta sell what they have before they buy any more consoles
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#9diggyfresh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:09:45 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
diggyfresh posted...
Nintendo just released an Earnings Report. They sold about 3 million Wii U units to stores. If they keep selling at the current rate, they could sell about 15 million by year's end.

Can they do it? How?

Fixed

How do you know this?
---
#10diggyfresh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:24:06 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
diggyfresh posted...
Nintendo just released an Earnings Report. They sold about 3 million Wii U units. If they keep selling at the current rate, they could sell about 15 million by year's end.

Can they do it? How?

UnFixed

do they? if a store has only 1 wii u left, then that store could order new stock. that's reasonable.

in fact it would be dumb for an inventory manager to wait till he's out of stock before ordering new stock.
---