If Persona 5 is Wii U exclusive....

#41jairusmonillasPosted 1/30/2013 8:40:42 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
...will the fanboy reaction be as sensational as Bayonetta 2?

There are more games NOT coming to Wii U than games that are exclusive to Wii U.

LOL
#42SquareSidePosted 1/31/2013 1:03:58 AM
lol Persona
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#43MindGamingMantiPosted 1/31/2013 1:10:07 AM
That wouldn't be as bad just because Persona is a series exclusive to PlayStation as opposed to a Multiplatform title.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct."
#44spicyitalian739Posted 1/31/2013 2:13:43 AM(edited)
It wouldn't be a big deal because most of us Atlus fans will buy any console just to play their top tier games. Heck, I bought a Vita for Persona 4 Golden and it's the only Vita game I've played more than like 2 hours since last February. In fact, I sunk like 250 hours into it already!

Having said that, I really think Wii U is a good fit for Persona 5. If they offered it multi-platform on PS3 and Wii U, the GamePad would be really useful for touch screen mechanics that were introduced in Golden--and also being able to see the user submitted data about how they spent their day on the GamePad so it doesn't intrude on your screen. All things being equal I'd prefer the game on Wii U, but I have every system so either way I won't be complaining when that surely amazing game comes out.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: FlyingWasabi
Xbox Live: Flying Wasabi
#45MetalLokiPosted 1/31/2013 7:02:44 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
Naruto posted...
Nah, SMTIV on 3DS is a much bigger blow... to the series.

Considering that SMT1, 2, if..., and SJ were all on a Nintendo system I don't see how? Nocturne was the black sheep of the main titles. Besides the fanbase is on the 3DS. That is where the money is.

So many tears over SMT4 not on PS3....

Hardly, there are like 2 people on the board that cried but they got over it. The SMT fanbase doesn't really seem to care where the games are.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#46DarkAdonis123Posted 1/31/2013 7:24:40 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
I hate to break it to people...but no one plays Persona. Look at the sales...

Bayonetta sold 1.35 mil across the PS3 and 360. Those are pretty poor sales numbers as well.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#47NarutoPosted 1/31/2013 12:28:51 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Naruto posted...

Considering that SMT1, 2, if..., and SJ were all on a Nintendo system I don't see how? Nocturne was the black sheep of the main titles. Besides the fanbase is on the 3DS. That is where the money is.

The problem isn't being with Nintendo or not, it's the fact that it's on a handheld instead of home console. Like DQVIII to DQIX. :(
#48PHEEliNUXPosted 1/31/2013 12:52:52 PM
Monolith Game
SMT x FE
Bayonetta 2
MH:U
LoZ:WW HD

Add Persona 5 to it and i WILL buy a Wii U
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#49MetalLokiPosted 1/31/2013 1:47:16 PM
Naruto posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
Naruto posted...

The problem isn't being with Nintendo or not, it's the fact that it's on a handheld instead of home console. Like DQVIII to DQIX. :(

It's on the strongest system a main SMT game has ever been on and one that is selling like hotcake. A bigger blow would have been to put it on systems where people don't normally go for RPG like this.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#50Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:30:48 AM
MetalLoki posted...
Hardly, there are like 2 people on the board that cried but they got over it. The SMT fanbase doesn't really seem to care where the games are.

But if Persona 5 were to be on a Nintendo system, would they be civil about it?