Japanese Sales Jan 21 - Jan 27

#21mini_blightPosted 1/30/2013 3:06:18 PM
BonezWell posted...
PillyChickle posted...
Amazing to think that the Wii U could very well drop below the 10k mark before even the Vita did

Consoles always sell less than portables. Add a severe lack of support in the months of January and February and this is what you get. No surprise and completely Nintendo's own fault.

Nintendo can't force some third parties to bring their games over to the Wii U. Some are still very loyal to Sony. Some are very loyal to Microsoft's bank account.

Vita has a lot of support, too. Did that save it? Are you ready to say it's all Sony's fault?

Wii U and 3DS were destined to struggle in the sales department. No one wants expensive hardware. Only a small percentage of people can afford or are willing to pay a high price. The DS didn't really take off until it had the right software and a lower price tag.

I'm actually surprised the Wii U is doing OK in the US. The dollar value is almost as useless as Sony right now.

MS and Sony can put out more expensive hardware, lose sales and even more money, or they can go the low cost low power route and weather the hardcore meltdowns.

Whatever they choose will lead to a bloodbath lead by their shareholders or the hardcore. So the question is who are they more afraid of? I can't wait for E3!
#22icarus231Posted 1/30/2013 3:14:48 PM
mini_blight posted...
BonezWell posted...
PillyChickle posted...
Amazing to think that the Wii U could very well drop below the 10k mark before even the Vita did

Consoles always sell less than portables. Add a severe lack of support in the months of January and February and this is what you get. No surprise and completely Nintendo's own fault.

Nintendo can't force some third parties to bring their games over to the Wii U. Some are still very loyal to Sony. Some are very loyal to Microsoft's bank account.

Vita has a lot of support, too. Did that save it? Are you ready to say it's all Sony's fault?

Wii U and 3DS were destined to struggle in the sales department. No one wants expensive hardware. Only a small percentage of people can afford or are willing to pay a high price. The DS didn't really take off until it had the right software and a lower price tag.

I'm actually surprised the Wii U is doing OK in the US. The dollar value is almost as useless as Sony right now.

MS and Sony can put out more expensive hardware, lose sales and even more money, or they can go the low cost low power route and weather the hardcore meltdowns.

Whatever they choose will lead to a bloodbath lead by their shareholders or the hardcore. So the question is who are they more afraid of? I can't wait for E3!

I think this is why sony is waiting on MS to announce first. They know they cant afford an expensive system but at the same time if ms, who can afford it, puts one out and they dont they will get squashed.
#23DiscostewSMPosted 1/30/2013 3:17:31 PM
Wasn't NSMBU at rank 19 the week before? It's climbing the ladder.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project