Yes the Wii U sold 3 million units, but...

#41MegagunstarmanPosted 1/30/2013 9:01:18 AM
Rusmurf posted...
Do they need a kick in the ass? Yes.

You're going to be disappointed then, because this forecast revision is for the full year, not just Q4 so it takes the previous losses from 2012 into account. They are currently turning a profit, just not a big enough profit to turn the year completely around for them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/30/nintendo-financials-reveal-wii-u-sales

Honestly, they bet too much on NSMBU and Nintendo Land selling Wii Us, but at least they seem to have planned well for this year.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#42AceMosPosted 1/30/2013 9:04:22 AM
iwatta: oh no now i have to wipe my butt with 23 carot gold bars instead of 24
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#43knightimexPosted 1/30/2013 9:06:59 AM(edited)
ITT: Nintendo loses any amount of money = Doomed
Any other console loses billions = They'll be fine.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#44RusmurfPosted 1/30/2013 9:23:53 AM
I'll be happy for nintendo if sales spike up, it's gonna happen once better games release. They released with no exclusive "killer apps", it's pretty simple formula for success. I intend too buy a WiiU by the time Wind Waker in HD releases.
#45quickposterPosted 1/30/2013 9:33:10 AM
BeerOnTap posted...
You guys had better hope this console doesn't fail. Because then you'd have nothing to troll the hell out of like you're doing now.

It isn't going to fail because Nintendo's franchises are huge.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#46sonic777Posted 1/30/2013 10:08:30 AM
knightimex posted...
Ohes NOES!!!
only 37 million?

How much did sony lose on ps3 it's first year?

No one was talking about Sony.

icarus231 posted...

Nothing to see here sony losses this every month

KAMMYqueen posted...
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/30/wii-u-has-sold-over-3-million-globally/

Yes, we gathered this from the topic title. THRILLING EXCELLENT ANALYSIS AND THOUGHT-PROVOKING OPINION!

SychinLegacy posted...
ITT: Sony's loses don't matter but nintendo's do.

GigantLuffy posted...

If Sony loses that much, then it's good to see that they're still fine.

knightimex posted...

Do you ever NOT attack the strawman?
#47SychinLegacyPosted 1/30/2013 10:14:36 AM
sonic777 posted...

Protip: It's not a strawman argument if what you say is true and non exaggerated.
#48icarus231Posted 1/30/2013 10:15:43 AM
sonic777 posted...
knightimex posted...
Ohes NOES!!!
only 37 million?

How much did sony lose on ps3 it's first year?

icarus231 posted...

Nothing to see here sony losses this every month

KAMMYqueen posted...
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/30/wii-u-has-sold-over-3-million-globally/

Yes, we gathered this from the topic title. THRILLING EXCELLENT ANALYSIS AND THOUGHT-PROVOKING OPINION!

SychinLegacy posted...
ITT: Sony's loses don't matter but nintendo's do.

knightimex posted...

Sorry i thought we were talking about nin vs sony since the trolls on here usually are sony fans. My bad
#49Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:24:02 AM

The people on this board hate Sony. Sony is the one that cut short nintendos golden age. The SNES and NES were the pinnacle of Nintendo gaming and then Sony comes along and we are stuck with the N64, gamecube and worst of all, the wii. While those consoles are ok in their own right (some more so than others) nintendo fanboys will never forgive Sony

inb4 some tool posts wii sales (and ignores n64 gamecube sales) and ignores sales =/=quality.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#50SychinLegacyPosted 1/30/2013 10:34:24 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

The people on this board hate Sony. Sony is the one that cut short nintendos golden age. The SNES and NES were the pinnacle of Nintendo gaming and then Sony comes along and we are stuck with the N64, gamecube and worst of all, the wii. While those consoles are ok in their own right (some more so than others) nintendo fanboys will never forgive Sony

inb4 some tool posts wii sales (and ignores n64 gamecube sales) and ignores sales =/=quality.

Nice narrative you have going there.

Sony is brought up when Nintendo's financial situation is brought up. Why? Because Sony's is wrose. In every way. So we use Sony's to put Nintendo's into prospective. So if Nintendo is really doomed by how "poorly" the Wii U is selling then that means that Sony and MS should have been doomed before If Nintendo's supposed "loss", which consequently isn't even true, is so "bad", then Sony's is apocalyptic.

It has nothing to do with hating Sony. But by all means please keep repeating your narrative. The more you say it the more true it becomes right? No it has everything to do with putting numbers into prospective to show that Nintendo isn't doomed and is doing just fine.