Yes the Wii U sold 3 million units, but...

#51excitebike64Posted 1/30/2013 10:55:16 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
No one was talking about Sony.

The people on this board hate Sony. Sony is the one that cut short nintendos golden age. The SNES and NES were the pinnacle of Nintendo gaming and then Sony comes along and we are stuck with the N64, gamecube and worst of all, the wii. While those consoles are ok in their own right (some more so than others) nintendo fanboys will never forgive Sony

inb4 some tool posts wii sales (and ignores n64 gamecube sales) and ignores sales =/=quality.

The bottom line makes no sense, because you are making a counter argument by referring to small sales, then doing a 180 and also pointing out small sales can still be good.

Sony's got its pluses. Having a PS3 has way more merits than a 360. But Sony really did a lot of 180s with how they marketed the PS3. Perhaps that's how you got that way. They should have not cared so much about pirating and left the PS3 the way it was in terms of performance. The PS3 is only a fraction of what it once was. No biggie to me, I'd only want one for games. But that is not what it was meant for. It was meant to be the end all system for entertainment. Then they squashed it.
#52Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:57:32 AM
Sony is brought up when Nintendo's financial situation is brought up. Why? Because Sony's is wrose

Your point falls apart here. Sony is brought up any time anybody posts something slightly negative about nintendo be it sales, financially, online, quality, shape, size, etc etc etc. Most of the time the things brought up about Sony are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. People don't use Sony to put nintendo in perspective (well I guess some do). They use Sony (and the Vita as of late) as an attempt to hit back at the perceived "Sony Ponys", even if the "troll" has never ever mentioned Sony on this board before.

It has nothing to do with hating Sony.

Hate was a strong word. I think resentment fits better.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#53Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:00:04 AM
The bottom line makes no sense, because you are making a counter argument by referring to small sales, then doing a 180 and also pointing out small sales can still be good.

I know that consoles with small sales can be good. I'm saying that people will trumpet the wii as gods gift solely based on sales, yet still claim the Gamecube and N64 are great even with their lackluster sales.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#54icarus231Posted 1/30/2013 11:07:21 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Sony is brought up when Nintendo's financial situation is brought up. Why? Because Sony's is wrose

Your point falls apart here. Sony is brought up any time anybody posts something slightly negative about nintendo be it sales, financially, online, quality, shape, size, etc etc etc. Most of the time the things brought up about Sony are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. People don't use Sony to put nintendo in perspective (well I guess some do). They use Sony (and the Vita as of late) as an attempt to hit back at the perceived "Sony Ponys", even if the "troll" has never ever mentioned Sony on this board before.

It really, at least to me, is more that Sony and Nintendo are entertainment companies so it is a good way to measure a company by comparing it to their closest conterpart. If sony was doing great in comparison i would worry more about nintendos state
#55DiscostewSMPosted 1/30/2013 11:08:16 AM
sonic777 posted...

I love how people say this when it shows Sony in a negative situation, but they have absolutely no problem flaunting Sony off on Nintendo boards when they are on top....like the threads about the Virtual Console. Funny how that works....
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#56knightimexPosted 1/30/2013 12:13:34 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
sonic777 posted...

I love how people say this when it shows Sony in a negative situation, but they have absolutely no problem flaunting Sony off on Nintendo boards when they are on top....like the threads about the Virtual Console. Funny how that works....

^ This
---
Old School Games FTW!
#57Beatperson14Posted 1/30/2013 12:18:41 PM
NDF used Deflect!

Deflect missed!!
#58mini_blightPosted 1/30/2013 12:40:56 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

U mad? Did your "parody" troll topic fail?

Would you prefer it if we brought up MS instead?

ThaPrinceRaziel posted...
Then they should just go third party already. It'd make them a lot of money if they did iOS and ps mobile games. Trying to keep up with current hardware is too much for the company, and they lost their main fanbase to iOS and android. It's their only hope.

You mean it would make Apple a lot of money. lol

You know post like yours are one of the reasons why Nintendo is so secretive and unwilling to trust outsiders.
#59googlerPosted 1/30/2013 1:03:02 PM
So how does this new kind of arithmetic work?...
2,200,000 (by end/December)
+
+
#60diggyfreshPosted 1/30/2013 1:06:18 PM
icarus231 posted...
Board_hunter567 posted...
Where they once expected to make about 20 million yen, they now expect to lose about 37 million.

Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it's just game "journalism" but...aren't those extremely small numbers?

20 million yen is $220000 us
37 million yen is $405000 us

Nothing to see here sony losses this every month

ya it's billion yen, not million
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade