Yes the Wii U sold 3 million units, but...

#61diggyfreshPosted 1/30/2013 1:21:57 PM
First, Kotaku is reporting a forecast. N hasn't lost that money yet. Forecasts are wrong all the time.

Second, N just released actual numbers in an earnings report. They lost 5,857 million yen (USD 64,320,402.60). This is a recovery from last year when they lost 16,408 million yen (USD 180,189,374.40).

They've recovered almost 2/3 from last year in terms if profit. Mostly by cutting expenses.

They've increased sales 30% globally.

N's doing alright. They have plenty of time to make changes and find a profitable business model for 2013.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#62Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:12:21 PM
Would you prefer it if we brought up MS instead?

Ok go ahead. Whens the last time you bought a wii u retail game?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#63sonic777Posted 1/30/2013 3:36:33 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
sonic777 posted...

No one was talking about Sony.

I love how people say this when it shows Sony in a negative situation, but they have absolutely no problem flaunting Sony off on Nintendo boards when they are on top....like the threads about the Virtual Console. Funny how that works....

Except... wait for it... NO ONE DOES THIS.

Sony is always brought up whenever an article is linked to that shows any slight criticism to Nintendo.

Usually by post 10 we get someone saying LOL Vita, as if the Vita or Sony had ANYTHING to do with the topic at hand.

If you attack Sony when Nintendo is the one being criticized (and always saying "Oh, Nintendoomed but Sony is ok when suchandsuch happens) is as strawman as it gets.

NDF = Burning 1000 strawmen a day.
#64darkstar4221Posted 1/30/2013 3:49:11 PM(edited)
mmarkster posted...
Why need a price drop? That will just cause them to lose MORE money, which your topic is talking about!

They need a price drop on the games, it's the games that are expensive. They need to lower the MSRP price to $40 at least, even I still think that's expensive. Or give consumers an incentive to buy a Wii-U. Make a deal with the customers, customers get 50% off any game if they buy a Wii-U. Paying $60 for a video game is ridiculous, especially given how bad the economy is.

If Nintendo was selling the Wii-U in China they would probably lower the MSRP price to $20, because everyone would just pirate the Wii-U.
#65Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:49:17 PM
darkstar4221 posted...
mmarkster posted...
Why need a price drop? That will just cause them to lose MORE money, which your topic is talking about!

They need a price drop on the games, it's the games that are expensive. They need to lower the MSRP price to $40 at least, even I still think that's expensive. Or give consumers an incentive to buy a Wii-U. Make a deal with the customers, customers get 50% off any game if they buy a Wii-U. Paying $60 for a video game is ridiculous, especially given how bad the economy is.

If Nintendo was selling the Wii-U in China they would probably lower the MSRP price to $20, because everyone would pirate their games.

See their third party support?

Aaaaaaaand... It's gone.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#66darkstar4221Posted 1/30/2013 3:56:56 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
mmarkster posted...

If Nintendo was selling the Wii-U in China they would probably lower the MSRP price to $20, because everyone would pirate their games.

Aaaaaaaand... It's gone.

You don't get, if their game sucks, they need to lower the price. And the current line up of Wii-U game sucks. Who the hell wants to pay $50-60 for Ninja Gaiden 3? It's just an enhanced port, that game is worth $35 at most, or pay $45 for Zombie U, or New Super Mario Bros U. We are in a recession consumers are vulnerable to high prices. It's common sense, if something is cheaper more people will buy it. If it's too expensive less people will buy it, why do you think Wii-U software sales are terrible?
#67darkstar4221Posted 1/30/2013 4:06:47 PM(edited)
Another thing why Wii U sales are terrible. It's just too damn ****ing expensive.

The GameCube sold for $200 at rollout in 2001 (no pack-in), while the Wii cost $250 at launch and included a game. The Wii U by comparison, starts at $300 for the stripped down model sans game, then jumps $50 if you want a decent amount of storage and something to play — a pack-in (Nintendoland) that frankly lacks the distinctive “so that’s what all the hype’s about” flair of Wii Sports.

Nintendo is ripping off the consumers.
#68Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:16:59 PM(edited)
darkstar4221 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
mmarkster posted...

Aaaaaaaand... It's gone.

You don't get, if their game sucks, they need to lower the price. And the current line up of Wii-U game sucks. Who the hell wants to pay $50-60 for Ninja Gaiden 3? It's just an enhanced port, that game is worth $35 at most, or pay $45 for Zombie U, or New Super Mario Bros U. We are in a recession consumers are vulnerable to high prices. It's common sense, if something is cheaper more people will buy it. If it's too expensive less people will buy it, why do you think Wii-U software sales are terrible?

People have no problem paying $50-$60 on Ps360. We have been in a recession and people still had no problem. If Nintendo made publishers lower their prices the third party support would deteriorate. They would take the Ubisoft route and just flood it with cheap shovelware.
---
#69DiscostewSMPosted 1/30/2013 4:23:44 PM
sonic777 posted...

Except... wait for it... NO ONE DOES THIS.

It's hilarious how ignorant you are on that issue.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#70darkstar4221Posted 1/30/2013 5:04:03 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
People have no problem paying $50-$60 on Ps360. We have been in a recession and people still had no problem. If Nintendo made publishers lower their prices the third party support would deteriorate. They would take the Ubisoft route and just flood it with cheap shovelware.

Where did you get that BS from that if Nintendo lowered the price for their games they would get less 3rd party support? You got that info out of your ass. Have you read the news? Software sales for the Wii U are terrible, and the reason why is so obvious, the games are too damn expensive. No one doesn't like paying $50-60 for a video game especially after they spent $300-350 plus taxes on a console. Also video game sales for all consoles are very low.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/video-game-sales-down_n_2095946.html

Taxes and inflation are too damn high because Mr. Obama keeps spending trillion dollars like there is no tomorrow. So yeah the Wii U needs a price cut on their video games, and $20 off the MSRP price would definitley help.