Yes the Wii U sold 3 million units, but...

#71sonic777Posted 1/30/2013 6:46:18 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
sonic777 posted...

Except... wait for it... NO ONE DOES THIS.

It's hilarious how ignorant you are on that issue.

Go ahead and link to a topic on this board in recent times that spouted praises of Sony that wasn't entirely instigated by a Nintendo fanboy/girl/troll deflecting criticism of Nintendo to Sony's finances or Vita failure.

I DARE you to do it.
#72Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:58:51 PM
darkstar4221 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
People have no problem paying $50-$60 on Ps360. We have been in a recession and people still had no problem. If Nintendo made publishers lower their prices the third party support would deteriorate. They would take the Ubisoft route and just flood it with cheap shovelware.

Where did you get that BS from that if Nintendo lowered the price for their games they would get less 3rd party support? You got that info out of your ass. Have you read the news? Software sales for the Wii U are terrible, and the reason why is so obvious, the games are too damn expensive. No one doesn't like paying $50-60 for a video game especially after they spent $300-350 plus taxes on a console. Also video game sales for all consoles are very low.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/video-game-sales-down_n_2095946.html

Taxes and inflation are too damn high because Mr. Obama keeps spending trillion dollars like there is no tomorrow. So yeah the Wii U needs a price cut on their video games, and $20 off the MSRP price would definitley help.

Umm I got it from common sense? Which third party would be putting their hugely expensive games on the Wii U for $40 when they can sell them on the PS360 for $60. Did you think that you came up with some revolutionary idea that no one else has ever thought of? Software sales for the wii U are horrible for a variety of reasons. People have spent more on their PS3 and 360 and games have been breaking records.

Music sales are down too must be because it is too expensive /sarcasm. There are numerous factors for the decline in sales, just like there are numerous reasons why Wii U game sales are so low. Blaming it solely on the pricingng of games is illogical.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#73darkstar4221Posted 1/30/2013 9:12:38 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
People have no problem paying $50-$60 on Ps360. We have been in a recession and people still had no problem. If Nintendo made publishers lower their prices the third party support would deteriorate. They would take the Ubisoft route and just flood it with cheap shovelware.

Where did you get that BS from that if Nintendo lowered the price for their games they would get less 3rd party support? You got that info out of your ass. Have you read the news? Software sales for the Wii U are terrible, and the reason why is so obvious, the games are too damn expensive. No one doesn't like paying $50-60 for a video game especially after they spent $300-350 plus taxes on a console. Also video game sales for all consoles are very low.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/video-game-sales-down_n_2095946.html

Taxes and inflation are too damn high because Mr. Obama keeps spending trillion dollars like there is no tomorrow. So yeah the Wii U needs a price cut on their video games, and $20 off the MSRP price would definitley help.

Umm I got it from common sense? Which third party would be putting their hugely expensive games on the Wii U for $40 when they can sell them on the PS360 for $60. Did you think that you came up with some revolutionary idea that no one else has ever thought of? Software sales for the wii U are horrible for a variety of reasons. People have spent more on their PS3 and 360 and games have been breaking records.

Music sales are down too must be because it is too expensive /sarcasm. There are numerous factors for the decline in sales, just like there are numerous reasons why Wii U game sales are so low. Blaming it solely on the pricingng of games is illogical.

Did you read the article, video game sales for all consoles are down. Video Game sales fell by 40 in April 2012 compared to last year when the the Wii U wasn't even released despite many AAA being released in the 1st and 2nd quarter of 2012. If the msrp price for the Wii U is $40 that means it's cheaper to developer for the Wii U compared to the ps3/360 which isn't the case. It has nothing to do with developers/publishers wanting to be greedy and selling their games at a much higher price on a different console.

Video games prices are expensive mainly because of the copyright laws and the console manufacturers who charge a licensing fee to the publishers who want to develop for their hardware (ie the msrp price went up by $10 because it's more expensive to develop for the PS3 compared to the PS2). And I never blamed poor sales just on prices, but on the inflation, taxes, and the economy as well.
#74SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/30/2013 8:45:24 PM(edited)
lol, this is one of those times I kinda agree with Nice_Kirbyfan9.
#75PSI_IKEPosted 1/30/2013 9:05:12 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Dance.

I lol'd
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOw6QPt1-g
#76Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:24:34 AM
Did you read the article, video game sales for all consoles are down.

I know. For a variety of reasons. But there are games that are still selling incredibly, primarily the big blockbusters. The types of games that would benefit the wii u tremendously.

If the msrp price for the Wii U is $40 that means it's cheaper to developer for the Wii U compared to the ps3/360 which isn't the case. It has nothing to do with developers/publishers wanting to be greedy and selling their games at a much higher price on a different console.

Let me rephrase this. If EA makes mass effect 4 and puts it on PS3 and 360 for $60, and then puts it on the Wii U for $40, a lot of people that would have spent $60 are going to instead buy the wii u version for $40. This is great for nintendo but awful for publishers and devs. With budgets skyrocketing why would these people want to sell their games for cheaper? They would just make cheaper games to sell on the Wii U (See Ubisoft and there crappy "imagine" series"). Your right it has nothing to do with being greedy. Look at all the devs going out of business? Game prices are this high out of necessity in many circumstances.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#77darkstar4221Posted 1/31/2013 12:09:31 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Did you read the article, video game sales for all consoles are down.

I know. For a variety of reasons. But there are games that are still selling incredibly, primarily the big blockbusters. The types of games that would benefit the wii u tremendously.

If the msrp price for the Wii U is $40 that means it's cheaper to developer for the Wii U compared to the ps3/360 which isn't the case. It has nothing to do with developers/publishers wanting to be greedy and selling their games at a much higher price on a different console.

Let me rephrase this. If EA makes mass effect 4 and puts it on PS3 and 360 for $60, and then puts it on the Wii U for $40, a lot of people that would have spent $60 are going to instead buy the wii u version for $40. This is great for nintendo but awful for publishers and devs. With budgets skyrocketing why would these people want to sell their games for cheaper? They would just make cheaper games to sell on the Wii U (See Ubisoft and there crappy "imagine" series"). Your right it has nothing to do with being greedy. Look at all the devs going out of business? Game prices are this high out of necessity in many circumstances.

The user base for the PS3/360 is much larger than the Wii U, consumers are not stupid enough to waste their money to buy another console for cheaper games, given the current US economy. Although if the msrp price for video is cheaper on the WIi U, that certainly will given an incentive for people to buy the Wii U.

Games are expensive for consoles because of the licensing fees. Every game publisher who makes games on a console, they have to pay Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo royalty fees. PC gaming does not require royalty fees that's why their games are cheaper and prices go down much faster on the PC. It's also much more expensive to make games for the consoles compared to the PC.

Also the copyright laws benefits the publishers and it allows them to sell video games at inflated prices (both pc and console). A country like China for example who has little regard copyright law, if Nintendo sold their consoles to China, the msrp price for video games would be like $20. Unfortunately video games are still banned in China, but not for long.