A topic about graphics

#1DarkMasterShakePosted 1/30/2013 7:15:05 AM
I think its safe to say that the Wii Us graphics as of now arent very improved on this gens. This will change over time of course, once developers know how to work with it and everything.

My question is why do people say the Durango and PS4 graphic leaps won't be as much as last gens? Honest question, I keep seeing people post that and I don't know why. Is it because of PCs current graphics? We don't know much about these consoles but people seem so sure of this.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#2Phasmatis92Posted 1/30/2013 7:21:14 AM
DarkMasterShake posted...

My question is why do people say the Durango and PS4 graphic leaps won't be as much as last gens?

The law of diminishing returns. There comes a point where the amount you gain from having 20x the performance versus 4x the performance isn't worth the extra cost.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#3Phasmatis92Posted 1/30/2013 7:22:22 AM
Plus Sony's financial situation is unpleasant enough that they can't afford another PS3.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#4shaunmePosted 1/30/2013 7:24:03 AM
I think its safe to say that the Wii Us graphics as of now arent very improved on this gens. This will change over time of course, once developers know how to work with it and everything.

My question is why do people say the Durango and PS4 graphic leaps won't be as much as last gens? Honest question, I keep seeing people post that and I don't know why. Is it because of PCs current graphics? We don't know much about these consoles but people seem so sure of this.

you will notice a leap on those systems trust me, just higher resolution and anti aliasing will make next gen games look amazing compared to what's out now.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#5tizzywilkillyouPosted 1/30/2013 7:25:35 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...

My question is why do people say the Durango and PS4 graphic leaps won't be as much as last gens?

The law of diminishing returns. There comes a point where the amount you gain from having 20x the performance versus 4x the performance isn't worth the extra cost.

This. If the best PS4/720 can do is Samaritan demo type stuff (or even the UE4 demos we've seen) then that bodes well for the Wii U. And in fact the PS360, unless MSFT/Sony discontinue them, may prove to be PS4/720's worst nightmare just as bad as the Wii U competition wise if they are still supported with games.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050