Why are some of you so obsessed with the Wii U failing?

#21ElectricKaibutuPosted 1/30/2013 9:03:31 AM
shaunme posted...
IngSlayer posted...
Leave the board if you hate the console that much.

inb4mindlesshostilityfromanygroup

Nintendo deserve to be punished for abandoning the fans who put them where they are, I own a Wii U but I want it to fail, Nintendo are arrogant .

The fans abandoned Nintendo first, as soon as the PS1 came out. Where were those fans when Nintendo launched the GameCube? Playing Halo and GTA3, that's where.
#22CaptainMoosePosted 1/30/2013 9:29:37 AM
ElectricKaibutu posted...
shaunme posted...
IngSlayer posted...

Nintendo deserve to be punished for abandoning the fans who put them where they are, I own a Wii U but I want it to fail, Nintendo are arrogant .

The fans abandoned Nintendo first, as soon as the PS1 came out. Where were those fans when Nintendo launched the GameCube? Playing Halo and GTA3, that's where.

Ohmygod nobody abandoned anybody, to say that is overly dramatic.
#23anon_firePosted 1/30/2013 9:37:32 AM(edited)
If they hate the Wii U that much, then they better not come back on this board if their PS4 or Nextbox sell less than PS3/360.
#24excitebike64Posted 1/30/2013 9:41:44 AM
shaunme posted...
BigAl519 posted...
shaunme posted...
IngSlayer posted...

You act like Nintendo is any different today then they were 30 years ago. They aren't. They still rely on gimmicks (like every company), they still rely on first party games and namesakes like Zelda and Mario and they still rely on selling consoles to both the young and old. I'm going to assume you probably are not old enough to have played any Nintendo systems before the Wii, but other than motion controls Nintendo hasn't changed one bit lol.

nes gamer here, show me the casual shovelware on the nes, she's and n64.

the nes had pinball, pac-man, tetris. A lot of games that appealed to the casual. In terms of shovelware, a lot of just badly made games, like that dinosaur coloring book game. Good GOD, the NES is amazing for how many great and terrible games it had.

The N64 had a ton of Midway games, and despite my joy for Midway, they made a lot of shovelware on top of the good.
#25zalmutePosted 1/30/2013 9:47:11 AM
shaunme posted...
zalmute posted...

Gladly. Here are causual friendly games for these consoles.

Super mario bros
Duck hunt
Super Mario brothers 3
Any Arcade Port- Donkey Kong
Hogan's Alley

Snes
Kirby Series
Super mario world

N64
Yoshi's Island
banjo series
Super Mario 64

Many Many of the games are made for people to just play and have fun, thus them being causal. Stop being an elitist there is no reason for it.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-) Jesus this board.

Problem? I gave you examples.
---
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device each year.
#26Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/30/2013 9:48:21 AM
I think it is more of people simply pointing out that Wii U is currently flopping than anything else.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#27Ketchup799Posted 1/30/2013 9:48:33 AM
People are obsessed it with the Wii U failing because they like to see that their decisions are justified. Most likely, they chose not to buy a Wii U for whatever reason (i.e. happy with their current console, bought and disliked the Wii/didn't like the motion controls, too casual, etc.) and seeing the console do well would make them see that they made a wrong decision. People like being right. For some, this is more important than spending time actually playing games, being productive, etc.
---
RoB IGN: gmquinto
#28blackman232Posted 1/30/2013 9:48:37 AM
Wii U aint gonna fail. I do not care about it one bit. But out of 3 friends 2 of them really want and think its super cool and none of us are below the age 26. To me Nintendo is still making alot a great moves that I wish SEGA would have done *TEARS*
---
R.I.P. Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x, Genesis
#29Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/30/2013 9:50:48 AM
inb4 Nice_Kirbyfan9 rant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Xl17B-Z0A

Why do I feel like you sing this song about me a lot?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#30IcedEarthaholicPosted 1/30/2013 9:52:50 AM
There were casual titles and shovelware on all the systems, not just on the Wii. Hell, even the NES, SNES and N64 had plenty of losers just as they all had quality titles too. Making it sound as if the Wii was the only offender is just plain silly.

I, myself, have a love/hate thing going on with Nintendo. I love their products, love that they design **** that is built to last, and love the games they put out. The problem is? They don't put them all out in all regions.

I want to see Nintendo finally take some risks on lesser known franchises, especially considering they own the rights to some of them now where they didn't before. I want them to succeed with these franchises as well as the big four they have relied on for so long.

Look at what happened with Fire Emblem, ever since they had Marth and Roy appear in Melee, the franchise has taken off and done some solid sales in both North America and Europe. They need to do this again with other franchises if that's the case.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973