Why are some of you so obsessed with the Wii U failing?

#31DTY3Posted 1/30/2013 8:54:12 AM
shaunme posted...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-) Jesus this board.

Disregarding that terrible post, NES, SNES and N64 had TONS of shovelware.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#32icarus231Posted 1/30/2013 8:55:32 AM
shaunme posted...
IngSlayer posted...
Leave the board if you hate the console that much.

inb4mindlesshostilityfromanygroup

Nintendo deserve to be punished for abandoning the fans who put them where they are, I own a Wii U but I want it to fail, Nintendo are arrogant .

Here nintendo take my money that will show you. This is the most idiotic thing i think i have read on here.
#33StarBladeEdgePosted 1/30/2013 9:00:49 AM
shaunme posted...
IngSlayer posted...

Nintendo deserve to be punished for abandoning the fans who put them where they are, I own a Wii U but I want it to fail, Nintendo are arrogant .

yeah ... :D

not a very good idea to buy a wii u in the first place because you want nintendo to fail.... :D smart move for your goal

:D
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company Let's destroy the wiiu board trolls!
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#34BigAl519Posted 1/30/2013 11:45:17 AM
shaunme posted...
BigAl519 posted...
shaunme posted...
IngSlayer posted...

You act like Nintendo is any different today then they were 30 years ago. They aren't. They still rely on gimmicks (like every company), they still rely on first party games and namesakes like Zelda and Mario and they still rely on selling consoles to both the young and old. I'm going to assume you probably are not old enough to have played any Nintendo systems before the Wii, but other than motion controls Nintendo hasn't changed one bit lol.

nes gamer here, show me the casual shovelware on the nes, she's and n64.

LOL really.... Here, take your pick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_64_games

Looks like quite a bit sitting on those lists. Nintendo has always had shovelware, there is just more of it now since their consoles have, you know, sold double to triple what the NES, SNES and N64 did. Larger consumer bases means more games which means more shovelware games. Thought you would be a somewhat smart kid and figure all this out for yourself, but I guess I expected to much.

After all is said and done Nintendo is still the same Nintendo from 1983 relying on first party games and shovelware. They have succeeded and continue to succeed using this structure. If you disagree then you truly were not alive and gaming when shovelware games such as ET, The Addams Family, Barbie games etc among many many others were released on the NES.
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!
#35TheTitan99Posted 1/30/2013 11:48:18 AM
It gives them boners.
---
PSN ID: Vault_Dweller77
#36Ryan SiPosted 1/30/2013 12:11:47 PM
I don't want the Wii U to fail. It has potential, but it's far from being realized and Nintendo has to stop playing it so safe with their franchises.

Invest in some new smaller IPs and for God sakes Zelda needs a complete refresh. How does Nintendo (who once had two of the best console FPSs ever made on their then-current console) not have a single, big-name FPS in their line up? 2D Mario has also fallen off while other smaller studios continue to innovate 2D platforming.

Also, the whole Nintendo Network makes me weary. Downloads being tied to the console and everything with the newtork and Wii U OS itself just seems to make everything that should be super easy, a lot harder or impossible to do.

I might pick up a Wii U eventually, but the only Wii U games out or announced that I'd even consider buying are Wind Waker HD and Monolith Soft's new "Xeno" game. 3D Mario and Zelda are hit and miss. The Galaxy games are great, but I hate 64's open world design and the last two Zelda games were stale bread.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#37Argh4430Posted 1/30/2013 2:16:27 PM
Maybe those people just want the uber-cool Sony and Microsoft to stick around, so they don't have to hear how kiddy Nintendo is selling better than them at any time.

Or they just want one company/monopoly for convenience. I don't want anyone to fail, because then the competition starts to get stale.
---
NNID: Snyder78
3DS FC: 3695-1354-4936
#38SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/30/2013 2:27:53 PM
BigAl519 posted...
vidigameaphobia. That or severe mental issues caused by overexposure to plastic and circuit boards. People who genuinely come on these boards and put down any kind of console have to have some sort of mental condition and be unable to accept others having fun.

Then the ignorant nintendo fanboys are immune to this opinion of yours. They are just as bad, and worse because they bash the competition and then say stupid things like "I'm pretty sure this or that is happening", as some kind of justification for liking only one gaming company. Your hypocritical post is just more proof of how bad nintendrones really are.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#39IngSlayer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:56:50 AM
abbyhitter posted...
cOLD

And this isn't a trite meme?
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#40Virus66Posted 2/1/2013 7:23:58 AM
shaunme posted...
BigAl519 posted...
shaunme posted...
IngSlayer posted...

You act like Nintendo is any different today then they were 30 years ago. They aren't. They still rely on gimmicks (like every company), they still rely on first party games and namesakes like Zelda and Mario and they still rely on selling consoles to both the young and old. I'm going to assume you probably are not old enough to have played any Nintendo systems before the Wii, but other than motion controls Nintendo hasn't changed one bit lol.

nes gamer here, show me the casual shovelware on the nes, she's and n64.

You mean aside from the hundreds of Disney licensed games chucked onto the platforms? Even Duck Tales (as good as it may play) was thrown together to make a quick dollar off of the license.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?