I've lost faith in the Wii U version of Colonial Marines

#1sejan12Posted 1/30/2013 7:25:55 AM
2 weeks out from the launch of this game on the other systems and it doesn't even have a release date yet on the Wii U.

I love the Alien series and had high hopes for this game, but I'm getting a feeling that things are not going well at the studio in charge of the Wii U version. I hope the game releases in a month or two and shows the world that its a good port, but until that point, my hype for the game is officially deflated to zero.

I'm probably going to cancel my preorder for this game next time I get the chance. What should I get instead?
#2GriffPosted 1/30/2013 7:41:40 AM
The developers seem to have nothing but praise for the Wii U version,
and it was always stated it would be released shortly after.

No point in them shooting themselves in the foot with a fake date.

Honestly, this game has been in production for so long, canned, picked up, redone,
I have little faith in it on any platform.

I wish they'd gone back to the roots and done the Jaguar AvP, for me the best one out of them all.
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 1/30/2013 7:43:58 AM
It's a shame that it's not hitting at the same time as the other versions. Especially after all of the excitement from the developers about the Wii U version. Hopefully the delay is for extra polish on Nintendo's console, and not for issues with the hardware.

Though I suspect that, much to the delight of forum trolls, it is the latter. :(

Anyway you look at it, the delay is going to end up in reduced sales as multi-platform owners will likely buy whichever version is available first.
#4SS4_NamreppivPosted 1/30/2013 7:45:21 AM
Your lack of faith is disappointing.....
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#5GencoilPosted 1/30/2013 7:47:42 AM
This is only hypothetical of course and means nothing, but what if Sony and Microsoft actually pressured developers to release multiplat games on their systems first? :P
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#6goemon1977Posted 1/30/2013 7:48:36 AM
Well look at it this way, if the game sucks we can thank everyone who doesn't have a Wii U for being the guinea pigs. This uncertainty about the release date could be a blessing in disguise, and I agree this is very shady on their part. I see the game coming out in May or June.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#7MuryoPosted 1/30/2013 7:48:43 AM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Your lack of faith is disappointing.....

Enough Vader! Release him!
#8DifferentialEquationPosted 1/30/2013 7:49:13 AM
The last game in the series wasn't very good. I wouldn't get too excited for this one.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#9SSJMarioPosted 1/30/2013 7:53:33 AM
I lost faith in the game in general last year when a Gearbox worker said the game was in development hell. This was a of the record chat I had at a brewery. He did said it won't be as bad as duke nukem though
---
PSN=bowserkick
#10excitebike64Posted 1/30/2013 7:54:43 AM
From a third party stand point, this will be common for a year or two. Bank big money on the bigger market, than make the better game (or at least try) on the WiiU.