I've lost faith in the Wii U version of Colonial Marines

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I've lost faith in the Wii U version of Colonial Marines

User Info: sejan12

sejan12
3 years ago#1
2 weeks out from the launch of this game on the other systems and it doesn't even have a release date yet on the Wii U.

I love the Alien series and had high hopes for this game, but I'm getting a feeling that things are not going well at the studio in charge of the Wii U version. I hope the game releases in a month or two and shows the world that its a good port, but until that point, my hype for the game is officially deflated to zero.

I'm probably going to cancel my preorder for this game next time I get the chance. What should I get instead?

User Info: Griff

Griff
3 years ago#2
The developers seem to have nothing but praise for the Wii U version,
and it was always stated it would be released shortly after.

No point in them shooting themselves in the foot with a fake date.

Honestly, this game has been in production for so long, canned, picked up, redone,
I have little faith in it on any platform.

I wish they'd gone back to the roots and done the Jaguar AvP, for me the best one out of them all.

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
3 years ago#3
It's a shame that it's not hitting at the same time as the other versions. Especially after all of the excitement from the developers about the Wii U version. Hopefully the delay is for extra polish on Nintendo's console, and not for issues with the hardware.

Though I suspect that, much to the delight of forum trolls, it is the latter. :(

Anyway you look at it, the delay is going to end up in reduced sales as multi-platform owners will likely buy whichever version is available first.

User Info: SS4_Namreppiv

SS4_Namreppiv
3 years ago#4
Your lack of faith is disappointing.....
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban

User Info: Gencoil

Gencoil
3 years ago#5
This is only hypothetical of course and means nothing, but what if Sony and Microsoft actually pressured developers to release multiplat games on their systems first? :P
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil

User Info: goemon1977

goemon1977
3 years ago#6
Well look at it this way, if the game sucks we can thank everyone who doesn't have a Wii U for being the guinea pigs. This uncertainty about the release date could be a blessing in disguise, and I agree this is very shady on their part. I see the game coming out in May or June.
Wii U ID goemon12677

User Info: Muryo

Muryo
3 years ago#7
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Your lack of faith is disappointing.....

Enough Vader! Release him!
The last game in the series wasn't very good. I wouldn't get too excited for this one.
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.

User Info: SSJMario

SSJMario
3 years ago#9
I lost faith in the game in general last year when a Gearbox worker said the game was in development hell. This was a of the record chat I had at a brewery. He did said it won't be as bad as duke nukem though
PSN=bowserkick

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
3 years ago#10
From a third party stand point, this will be common for a year or two. Bank big money on the bigger market, than make the better game (or at least try) on the WiiU.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I've lost faith in the Wii U version of Colonial Marines

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived