Wii U is on life support ......in Japan

#11IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/30/2013 10:27:41 AM
laxnd23 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
laxnd23 posted...
Isn't golden week soon?

That's in April-May, which is right when the releases for Wii U are suspected to pick up.

Sure hope so, this thing is flopping hard.

No no no lol. It isn't flopping hard. It's selling well for a system that is having few releases. Also, it's a normal gaming drought period right now. Further, 3 million Wii U's sold in 2 months is not flopping at all.

3 million shipped, not sold.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#12The_HyphenatorPosted 1/30/2013 10:32:57 AM

Shipping figures are all console manufacturers ever report, including Sony and Microsoft.

Until that practice changes, you're just splitting hairs.
#13laxnd23Posted 1/30/2013 10:35:02 AM
laxnd23 posted...
laxnd23 posted...
Isn't golden week soon?

That's in April-May, which is right when the releases for Wii U are suspected to pick up.

Sure hope so, this thing is flopping hard.

No no no lol. It isn't flopping hard. It's selling well for a system that is having few releases. Also, it's a normal gaming drought period right now. Further, 3 million Wii U's sold in 2 months is not flopping at all.

As the guy below you pointed out, shipped numbers is the barometer across the industry. So regardless, the 3 million number is still pretty decent for the 1.5 months that it represents.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#14darkjedilinkPosted 1/30/2013 10:35:21 AM
The_Hyphenator posted...

Shipping figures are all console manufacturers ever report, including Sony and Microsoft.

Until that practice changes, you're just splitting hairs.

It's also more than the Vita has shipped lifetime to date according to Sony, which he thinks is doing just fine.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#15IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/30/2013 10:40:35 AM
laxnd23 posted...

As the guy below you pointed out, shipped numbers is the barometer across the industry. So regardless, the 3 million number is still pretty decent for the 1.5 months that it represents.

The problem is that it shows us stores ordered too much stock based on how it's piling up in stores and Nintendo lowered their forecast.
---
#16R3al1Posted 1/30/2013 10:43:12 AM
Look at the numbers. They're low all across the board. Same thing happens every year around this time. The numbers are fine.
#17The_HyphenatorPosted 1/30/2013 10:44:02 AM
laxnd23 posted...

The problem is that it shows us stores ordered too much stock based on how it's piling up in stores and Nintendo lowered their forecast.

Because the ideal situation is for all stores to get just enough stock that they appear to be sold out at all times? I'm not sure you understand how retail works, Dunwich.
#18IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/30/2013 10:46:26 AM
Who said that?

The ideal situation (for a business) is to find the right balance between supply:demand, sadly having them pile up on shelves is not the right balance.
---
#19Zato InfinitePosted 1/30/2013 10:49:40 AM
-Damien- posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
As much as I'm not into Nintendo's first party titles, they do have a very strong following and with the line up they have set up for the next few months I don't think anybody here has anything to worry about.

lol

what's this line-up in the next few months you're talking about

Bro, you're telling me Maio, Zelda and Pikmin aren't system sellers? On top of that Wii U is getting Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101- two HUGE reasons for me to get a Wii U. You're nuts if you don't think those games won't get sales going.....
#20The_HyphenatorPosted 1/30/2013 10:50:10 AM
Who said that?

The ideal situation (for a business) is to find the right balance between supply:demand, sadly having them pile up on shelves is not the right balance.

I don't know where you live, but I don't see them "piling up on the shelves." At most, I've seen maybe 3 units at any given store in my area, which is much less than the number of 360s or PS3s in any given store.

I also haven't seen any actual figures or verifiable evidence that would support the notion that Wii Us are "piling up," just anecdotal evidence from people online who have made their dislike for Nintendo extremely clear. Hardly objective, unbiased sources.