Wii u wii virtual console question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii u wii virtual console question

User Info: KupoTime

KupoTime
3 years ago#1
I just got the deluxe wii u and I was curious cause I heard somewhere that the storage space on the wii u isn't that great for the wii virtual console games, and I wanted to get Majoras Mask and Breath of fire 2. Do I need to buy an SD card to get them? If so, which would you recommend?
Xbox Live:Kupo Time
Currently Playing: Harvest Moon:A New Beginning, Devil Survivor Overclocked, DmC, Dust:An Elysian Tail

KupoTime
3 years ago#2
bump
Currently Playing: Harvest Moon:A New Beginning, Devil Survivor Overclocked, DmC, Dust:An Elysian Tail

User Info: KAMMYqueen

KAMMYqueen
3 years ago#3
that only with the basic
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 years ago#4
Both Deluxe and Basic have a separate 512MB flash memory chip (same as on the Wii) dedicated to holding Wii data. None of the Wii U's 8/32GB flash storage is used by the Wii mode.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

KupoTime
3 years ago#5
So I should get an SD card if I intend on playing virtual console titles from the wii channel?

User Info: The_Hyphenator

The_Hyphenator
3 years ago#6
KupoTime posted...
So I should get an SD card if I intend on playing virtual console titles from the wii channel?

Well, you'll need a SD card regardless. You have to use a SD card to transfer your data from the Wii to the Wii U.

KupoTime
3 years ago#7
What would you recommend? I think I read somewhere you need a certain size that the wii can't read over 3 gb or something?

User Info: selfdeztruction

selfdeztruction
3 years ago#8
KupoTime posted...
What would you recommend? I think I read somewhere you need a certain size that the wii can't read over 3 gb or something?

I've always used a 16GB for my Wii and now I use it in my Wii U.

Maybe the storage limit was only applied when the Wii was released in '06,I got my Wii in Aug '07.
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii u wii virtual console question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived