Sakurai uses trackball to ease RSI as he works on Smash Bros 4

#61Board_hunter567Posted 1/30/2013 4:08:14 PM
Interesting...is it for play testing, or just using a computer?
Because he should totally get one of those devices that let you control the cursor with your eyes.

Also, mods should really try to do something about topic derailing.
I mean, God damn, Senor is like some kind of mad train conductor.
#62sonic777Posted 1/30/2013 4:09:57 PM
@ StickMen:

NintendoWorldReport
Mar 20, 2012
Kid Icarus: Uprising is jam packed with content, and outside of the control issues

Hyper Magazine
May 14, 2012
Nintendo magic strikes again, if you can adapt to the controls.

Game Revolution
Mar 29, 2012
As a Nintendo title, it's everything you could want from the publisher, despite the fact that the controls leave something to be desired

Eurogamer Italy
Mar 28, 2012
Even with it's awkward control system, Kid Icarus: Uprising

Joystiq
Mar 23, 2012
I already know reactions to this game will be polarized, and it basically comes down to whether people can get used to those (again, admittedly) uncomfortable controls...

Multiplayer.it
Mar 26, 2012
Only the tiring controls and some level design issues prevent the game from being a truly masterpiece.

Everyeye.it
Apr 6, 2012
Controls are uncomfortable, but getting used to them is the token you should pay to enjoy one fine 3D shooter.

Pelit (Finland)
May 11, 2012
Kid Icarus: Uprising is an underdog tale: how an action game can be thoroughly enjoyable even when it suffers from some severe control problems.

UGO
Kid Icarus: Uprising is a charming and wonderful game, slightly hamstrung by a physically tiresome and awkward control scheme.

Videogameszone.de
Mar 21, 2012
Kid Icarus Uprising is a great 3DS experience with a very unique hero and a fascinating story... but the controls are quite uncomfortable, even if you use the 3DS stand!

I could keep going.

Yeah, though, keep believing Icecream is the ONLY person on the planet that thinks the controls were bad / uncomfortable.
#63StickMen1090Posted 1/30/2013 4:26:07 PM
and yet people still can adapt to the controls? using articles wont work here im afraid
#64Baha05Posted 1/30/2013 4:27:52 PM
Yeah people can pretty much adapt to the controls for KI:U. It's not all that hard unless you have mutant fish hands.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#65IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/30/2013 4:29:51 PM
Guys I would not take Ahnold too seriously. He once claimed the GC had way better 3rd party support than the PS2 and was therefore a much better system.

Really?
#66VideoGamer1990Posted 1/30/2013 4:32:37 PM
There has been some criticism of the control system for the land battles, from both media playing early preview versions and even people playing the final game. What is your response to the feedback so far?

Sakurai: This isnít something unique to Kid Icarus: Uprising, but my games always seem to get such a response. When Smash Bros. first came out, it suffered terrible criticism from people who were stuck in the perspective of traditional fighting games.

Yet Smash Bros. has 2 sequels and 2 upcoming games. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kid Icarus has people who don't have problems with the controls.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 49
#67IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/30/2013 5:12:34 PM
There has been some criticism of the control system for the land battles, from both media playing early preview versions and even people playing the final game. What is your response to the feedback so far?

Sakurai: This isnít something unique to Kid Icarus: Uprising, but my games always seem to get such a response. When Smash Bros. first came out, it suffered terrible criticism from people who were stuck in the perspective of traditional fighting games.

Yet Smash Bros. has 2 sequels and 2 upcoming games. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kid Icarus has people who don't have problems with the controls.

Not the same at all, that's just him being dismissive.
#68sonic777Posted 1/30/2013 6:44:07 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
and yet people still can adapt to the controls? using articles wont work here im afraid

Your point was first "I didn't find the control scheme bad" which is a matter of taste, so no comment, because whatever.

Then, you mentioned that because Icecream found the controls bad, it doesn't mean they're bad. Yet even the most positive reviews all agree that the controls are bad or uncomfortable and take some "adapting" to, which, let's be honest, is not a good thing.

Do some games take some adapting to due to different control methods? Sure, but not because of physical pain.

So, yes, using articles works here, I'm afraid. You're just going to have to accept that the unconventional controls in KI:U are a point of concern among even the people who enjoyed the game (read: were bad).
#69Virus66Posted 1/30/2013 7:22:29 PM
I'm not sure what's worse here... the pathetic back and forth about people wishing actual physical ailments on someone, or the fact that half the people in this topic know every detail about every other poster. Seriously, if you have that much of a hard-on for the person that you can recall exactly what they said, when they said it, and who they said it to, you spend entirely too much time on here. Get out and get some fresh air. Holy cow.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#70HejiruPosted 1/30/2013 7:24:36 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Endgame posted...
so let me get this straight.....

the man who designed the torture device disguised as a game, Kid Icarus: Uprising, which with its horrible control scheme, hurts the hell out of your hands, is suffering from hand problems?!

this is what we in the business call "poetic justice"

1) If you think KIU has "terrible controls", play the damn game.

2) Screw you in general. There's nothing "poetic" about having RSI. Comparing daintly little cramps to freaking RSI? You have hit your absolute lowest. Screw off and take your childish hate with you.

Dude, this is Endgame we're talking about. Just ignore him.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy