Sakurai uses trackball to ease RSI as he works on Smash Bros 4

#71StickMen1090Posted 1/30/2013 7:28:20 PM(edited)
sonic777 posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
and yet people still can adapt to the controls? using articles wont work here im afraid

Your point was first "I didn't find the control scheme bad" which is a matter of taste, so no comment, because whatever.

Then, you mentioned that because Icecream found the controls bad, it doesn't mean they're bad. Yet even the most positive reviews all agree that the controls are bad or uncomfortable and take some "adapting" to, which, let's be honest, is not a good thing.

Do some games take some adapting to due to different control methods? Sure, but not because of physical pain.

So, yes, using articles works here, I'm afraid. You're just going to have to accept that the unconventional controls in KI:U are a point of concern among even the people who enjoyed the game (read: were bad).

"There are actually people who defend KI:U's controls? The heck? How is that even possible? That's like defending Sonic 06's story..."

i was also commenting about this statement made.. which again implies he thinks its a fact that they are bad and he can not believe people defend it... its all a matter of opinion

and again trying anything new will feel a bit odd... you cant just say its only this games controls that dont work because they are different
#72Oni_TaedoPosted 1/30/2013 7:51:00 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
Endgame posted...
so let me get this straight.....

the man who designed the torture device disguised as a game, Kid Icarus: Uprising, which with its horrible control scheme, hurts the hell out of your hands, is suffering from hand problems?!

this is what we in the business call "poetic justice"

i dont find the Kid icarus uprising control scheme to be bad at all

^This.

If the KI U controls were hard for you to use, you just might have poor motorskills, and don't have a fully developed brain. Considering it's Endgame here, the latter is very likely.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#73IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/30/2013 8:17:34 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
Endgame posted...

the man who designed the torture device disguised as a game, Kid Icarus: Uprising, which with its horrible control scheme, hurts the hell out of your hands, is suffering from hand problems?!

^This.

If the KI U controls were hard for you to use, you just might have poor motorskills, and don't have a fully developed brain. Considering it's Endgame here, the latter is very likely.

Lol, wow. Absolute trolling right there
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#74P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:27:45 PM
NintendoWorldReport
Mar 20, 2012
If you can conquer the learning curve, you can use the touch screen with deft and ease.

Game Revolution
Mar 29, 2012
the light aim assistance and homing abilities of some attacks will make up for this. Finely tuning your aim is easy with the stylus, but making sweeping turns requires you to flick the reticle to the right or left.
Regardless, much of Kid Icarus: Uprising is played in a sweet spot directly in front of Pit.

Eurogamer Italy
Mar 28, 2012
Problems? Initially, yes, especially for those with large hands on average. But when you have found the right position, everything runs smoothly and after a while 'we do not even notice it.

Joystiq
Mar 23, 2012
once I became comfortable with the controls I loved them.

Digital Chumps
Mar 27, 2012
its easy to see that this was again the best possible implementation of controls available for the game.

3DJuegos
Mar 19, 2012
a very satisfying shooting experience, impossible to equate to what would be achieved with traditional controls . We doubt even if a PC mouse could match the targeted system, really accurate and fast, which the Japanese have devised.

GameFocus
Apr 20, 2012
as a whole the control scheme feels surprisingly fluid and comfortable

Using a second joystick wouldn't necessarily improve the experience as much as youd think. For one, the on-rails missions are better served by stylus based controls because aiming the reticle and moving Pit simultaneously would not give you the same level of accuracy or speed in controlling the direction of his shots if the Circle Pad Pro were implemented.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#75ADHDguitarPosted 1/30/2013 8:29:09 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
Endgame posted...

^This.

Lol, wow. Absolute trolling right there

Are you able to form your own opinions or do you always parrot the status quo ramblings of the general gaming community?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#76P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:32:02 PM
Why the hell are we still discussing Kid Icarus?
---
#77VideoGamer1990Posted 1/30/2013 8:37:14 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

inb4causeit'shamazing

That aside, after playing Kirby & the Amazing Mirror again, I think Kid Icarus would work well with a Kirby & the Amazing Mirror gameplay setting.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 49
#78Enigma149Posted 1/30/2013 8:37:39 PM

Good question. On topic, now...maybe this reliance on a joystick will convince him to make SSB4 arcade stick-compatible?
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#79P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:59:43 PM
Enigma149 posted...

Good question. On topic, now...maybe this reliance on a joystick will convince him to make SSB4 arcade stick-compatible?

I think that would please many gamers.
---
#80Genericgamer667Posted 1/30/2013 10:01:37 PM
god, i think trolls hit a new low with this topic

bashing a guy in pain because of the company he works for

are there no standards on this site?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising