Will Wii U Join the Gaming Graveyard?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will Wii U Join the Gaming Graveyard?

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
3 years ago#31
http://kotaku.com/226742/ps3-launch-outsells-xbox-360-launch

In the same time frame that the Wii U just sold 3 million consoles.

PS3 sold 1 million

360 sold 600 thousand

Wii U has sold twice as many as both of them combined, in its first 2 months..... OUCH
"Just cause someone trolls something doesn't mean they dislike it. I've wanted a Wii U since it was announced." -- lazycomplife

User Info: Dynheart

Dynheart
3 years ago#32
It wont. Even if this thing puts out a paltry 30 million over the course of it's life cycle, it will still sell software, which will still sell hardware. Albeit not astronomical numbers, but it wil still sell.

I will say this, though. The Wii U's life cycle? Expect it to be 5 years on the nose. My honest opinion is this:

They Probably hit somewhere around 35-45 million in that five years. Enough to make software for...but not enough to say "Hey! I think this thing can go for another 2-3 years against some consoles that are just starting to catch fire..."

Nintendo releases another console in the middle of the PS4's/720's ghetto stomping...book it.
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will Wii U Join the Gaming Graveyard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived