EA on Wii U: Not a next-gen console

#131UmitenchoPosted 1/31/2013 5:04:00 PM
My lord was EA born yesterday? The WiiU is 8th gen. 360 and Ps3 7th gen.
#132king_maddenPosted 1/31/2013 6:25:53 PM
Umitencho posted...

in video game terms, "gen" is more about level of games. as in graphics, AI, etc. I mean ets be honest, the wii-u is cool, and has a lot of things going for it, but there are still things up in the air. when MS and sony come out with their next thing, thats when the generation will really start, the gap between them is "suppose" to be bigger than the gap thats between ps3/360 and wii-u.

people feel next gen games are just going to be about slightly improved graphics, but better enemy AI, and things like more enemies on screen, and more action going on is also going to be apart of it. so will the wii-u get its own games kind of like the wii did, or will they dumb games down to put it on the wii-u?

its just not fair to say the next gen has started, when the wii-u is still releasing games that could be put on the ps3/360 for the most part. How is it next gen if nothing "next gen" has come out for it?
#133P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/31/2013 6:30:44 PM
king_madden posted...
Umitencho posted...

in video game terms, "gen" is more about level of games. as in graphics, AI, etc. I mean ets be honest, the wii-u is cool, and has a lot of things going for it, but there are still things up in the air. when MS and sony come out with their next thing, thats when the generation will really start, the gap between them is "suppose" to be bigger than the gap thats between ps3/360 and wii-u.

people feel next gen games are just going to be about slightly improved graphics, but better enemy AI, and things like more enemies on screen, and more action going on is also going to be apart of it. so will the wii-u get its own games kind of like the wii did, or will they dumb games down to put it on the wii-u?

its just not fair to say the next gen has started, when the wii-u is still releasing games that could be put on the ps3/360 for the most part. How is it next gen if nothing "next gen" has come out for it?

Not even in video games has generation meant that, nor will it ever.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#134king_maddenPosted 1/31/2013 7:40:37 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
king_madden posted...
Umitencho posted...

Not even in video games has generation meant that, nor will it ever.

you're right, I left out the rest of it, by mistake, but yes when the gaming world comes out with a new level or hardware, and all companies are right there together tech wise, thats a generation. like ps1/N64, ps2/xbox. you cant just have one system thats slightly above others, and say thats the next generation, the next generation doesnt start until all parties have entered, or are coming out with similar tech.
#135Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/31/2013 7:51:14 PM
There really is no official meaning for generation, it's just a term coined, there really is no right or wrong way to describe it. EA's meaning is different apparently, they're referring to actual game creation methods as generation.

As in, the Wii U can't handle the next generation of game design.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#136LordRazielPosted 1/31/2013 8:03:15 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
There really is no official meaning for generation, it's just a term coined, there really is no right or wrong way to describe it. EA's meaning is different apparently, they're referring to actual game creation methods as generation.

Yes. Wii U hardware specs is too weak.
---
-------------
Dashing
#137geneticsftwPosted 1/31/2013 8:30:26 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Generation

a type or class of objects usually developed from an earlier type <first of the new generation of powerful supersonic fighters>
---
Sweet
#138G1ingyPosted 1/31/2013 8:34:06 PM
The_King82 posted...
EA-

It's EA. Thread over.
#139P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/31/2013 8:36:35 PM
The official definition of a Generation is a group of objects released or created at or around the same time. It has literally nothing to do with specs or superiority. Stop trying to change the definition of a word to try to suit your arguments.

Factually, generations go as follows

Gen1
---
Magnavox Odyssey
Magnavox Odyssey Series
Atari/Sears Tele-Games Pong
Coleco Telstar
Nintendo Color TV Game

Gen 2
---
Fairchild Channel F
Atari 2600
Magnavox Odyssey
Intellivision
Atari 5200
Vectrex
Emerson Arcadia 2001
ColecoVision
Bally Astrocade
Sega SG-1000
||||Handhelds
---
Milton Bradley Microvision
Nintendo Game & Watch
Epoch Game Pocket Computer

Gen3
---
Famicom
SG-1000
Master System
Atari 7800

Gen4
---
TurboGrafx-16
Mega Drive
Super Famicom
Neo Geo
Commodore CDTV
CD-i
Super A'Can
|||Handhelds
---
Game Boy
Atari Lynx
Sega Game Gear
TurboExpress
Gamate
Watara Supervision
Mega Duck
Hartung Game Master

Gen5
---
3DO Interactive Multiplayer
Sega Saturn
PlayStation
Nintendo 64
Apple Bandai Pippin
Casio Loopy
Neo Geo CD
PC-FX
Virtual Boy
Bandai Playdia
FM Towns Marty
Amiga CD32
Atari Jaguar
|||Handhelds
---
Sega Nomad
Game.com
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Light
Game Boy Color
Neo Geo Pocket
Neo Geo Pocket Color
WonderSwan
WonderSwan Color

Gen6
---
Dreamcast
PlayStation 2
GameCube
Xbox
|||Handhelds
---
Game Boy Advance
N-Gage
SwanCrystal
GP32

Gen7
---
Xbox 360
PlayStation 3
Wii
HyperScan
Zeebo
|||Handhelds
---
Nintendo DS
PlayStation Portable
Gizmondo
CAANOO
GP2X Wiz
Pandora

GEN8
---
Wii U
|||Handhleds
---
Nintendo 3DS
PlayStation Vita
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#140geneticsftwPosted 1/31/2013 8:42:17 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
The official definition of a Generation is a group of objects released or created at or around the same time. It has literally nothing to do with specs or superiority. Stop trying to change the definition of a word to try to suit your arguments.

Factually, generations go as follows

Gen1
---
Magnavox Odyssey
Magnavox Odyssey Series
Atari/Sears Tele-Games Pong
Coleco Telstar
Nintendo Color TV Game

Gen 2
---
Fairchild Channel F
Atari 2600