EA on Wii U: Not a next-gen console

#141gamebuyer22Posted 1/31/2013 8:47:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#142P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/31/2013 9:10:40 PM
The "Brown Box" was a prototype for the Magnavox Odyssey.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#143geneticsftwPosted 1/31/2013 9:12:55 PM
Okay, I consider it the first one technically. :)
---
Sweet
#144twopinacoladasPosted 1/31/2013 10:48:01 PM
Wii U being essentially current gen hardware with a touch screen controller is just what Nintendo did with the Wii. Once there are some better games and a price drop I'll certainly think about getting one but as for performance Wii U is not likely going to be comparable to Sony and Microsoft's consoles.

I did consider getting one and likely would have had it had a blu ray drive so I opted for a PS3 as a cheaper alternative with a slew of good games. I have been pretty happy with my new console and it has gotten more play than my 360 or Wii have in a long time.
---
www.itstimetosplit.com
#145VenomSymbiotePosted 1/31/2013 11:33:36 PM
So what will people say if:

A) Wii U still becomes the basis for all multiplat titles if the userbase is huge enough, thus meaning the other consoles just get higher res or tweaked ports.

B) The other consoles "aren't" insanely more powerful than Wii U and ports are fine?
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#146TheBonfiniPosted 1/31/2013 11:40:38 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...
So what will people say if:

A) Wii U still becomes the basis for all multiplat titles if the userbase is huge enough, thus meaning the other consoles just get higher res or tweaked ports.

B) The other consoles "aren't" insanely more powerful than Wii U and ports are fine?

More wishful thinking.

Wii-U isn't selling enough. The consoles will be a generational leap over Wii-U making "A" irrelevant. Since we are using our crystal balls. What if then?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#147VenomSymbiotePosted 1/31/2013 11:43:51 PM
It was a what if. No crystal balls needed for a what if, right? Or do we need to roll a 20 sided die to just ask things now? As for not selling well? It outsold the PS360 launches. Please tell me how that's doing poorly?
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#148TheBonfiniPosted 1/31/2013 11:46:25 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...
It was a what if. No crystal balls needed for a what if, right? Or do we need to roll a 20 sided die to just ask things now? As for not selling well? It outsold the PS360 launches. Please tell me how that's doing poorly?

I don't think of it as Wii-U is doing poorly, more than I think the developers who actually make the games have more fun making them on more powerful tech, which I believe will be much more powerful than PS3 or 360.
---
#149P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/31/2013 11:46:45 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...

He's been going crazy today. Just ignore him.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#150TheBonfiniPosted 1/31/2013 11:54:15 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
VenomSymbiote posted...

He's been going crazy today. Just ignore him.

You don't ignore me.
---