EA on Wii U: Not a next-gen console

#51hellbringherPosted 1/30/2013 6:12:36 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Gen 4 is likely a reference to Sony. This will be their 4th generation of consoles and to be fair they are the ones who are all about the "power leap". Good to know who EA supports.

That makes no sense. Microsoft will be in their 3rd gen and Nintendo, their 7th. Not only that, but Nintendo was the one pushing for power for 5 generations and MS started after that too with the PS3 being the only powerhouse Sony has made.

Fanboys - we understand that ea doesn't like the Wii U.

So instead of coming to terms we are going to pretend we don't understand what 4th gen means. Ha
---
News - EA does not like the Wii U. Fanboy - good they are horrible anyway.
#52Baha05Posted 1/30/2013 6:20:55 PM
hellbringher posted...
Fanboys - we understand that ea doesn't like the Wii U.

So instead of coming to terms we are going to pretend we don't understand what 4th gen means. Ha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28fourth_generation%29
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#53CcroybbPosted 1/30/2013 6:24:52 PM
Confirmed: EA thinks the Wii U is already 4 generations ahead of PS4/720. Wii U is 8th gen. According to EA, PS4/720 are 4th gen. NINTENDO FOREVER!!!
#54jairusmonillasPosted 1/30/2013 6:26:40 PM
TheTitan99 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Wii U is not a next gen console. only ninty kids thinks it is, lol.

It is next gen, dummy.

Sorry, It's not.
#55Baha05Posted 1/30/2013 6:27:14 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
Sorry, It's not.

Except it is
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#56googlerPosted 1/30/2013 6:56:06 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Kiro_nami posted...
So EA is still mad about that whole Nintendo not going with Origin?

Sounds like it. Ever since rumors of that deal falling through surfaced EA started crapping all over Nintendo.

Or that virtually all of the 3rd party games sold like **** on the system. The best selling only sold 100k (AC3 and batman). That's seems like a pretty legit reason
#57Baha05Posted 1/30/2013 6:57:37 PM
googler posted...
Or that virtually all of the 3rd party games sold like **** on the system. The best selling only sold 100k (AC3 and batman). That's seems like a pretty legit reason

If you're an idiot yeah, of course 3rd party ports won't sell that much on the Wii U when the user base isn't there.
---
#58twistedreality1Posted 1/30/2013 7:00:13 PM
Hungtotheover posted...
Fanboys are in full damage control. Ha

Ea is making games for Wii U? Yeah let's make 100 topics proving trolls wrong.

Ea is not making games? Yeah they are horrible anyway.

---
360-twistedreality6 PSN-twistedreality1 NNID-twistedreality
#59diggyfreshPosted 1/30/2013 7:07:37 PM
ZatchBell posted...
EA is awful, I have not bought a game from EA in the last 10 years and I have missed nothing.

this.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#60Sirian_HawkPosted 1/30/2013 7:13:19 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Gen 4 is likely a reference to Sony. This will be their 4th generation of consoles and to be fair they are the ones who are all about the "power leap". Good to know who EA supports.

That makes no sense. Microsoft will be in their 3rd gen and Nintendo, their 7th. Not only that, but Nintendo was the one pushing for power for 5 generations and MS started after that too with the PS3 being the only powerhouse Sony has made.

Sony is in their fourth, and as far as the power bit, it only means current. Nintendo these days doesn't spew "power" this and that, and while MS keeps up with Sony for the most part, their overall tagline has not been "power" either. Only Sony as of recent cares about saying that. This generation has gone on long enough for most people to accept it as the state of things and ignore the past. Current Sony boasts "power" and EA has apparently taken current Sony's mindset as their model.

By saying gen 4, it is obvious EA doesn't count anything from Nintendo's early days, and they aren't talking about MS as this is only their 3rd console coming. Sony is the one at 4.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.