EA on Wii U: Not a next-gen console

#71Baha05Posted 1/30/2013 6:51:02 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
No, they are saying the PS4 will be gen 4 (hence the "gen 4 hasn't started yet") and that the Wii-U isn't strong enough to be considered in the same generation as that. They are calling the Wii-U current gen.

EA is really stupid then because Console Generations don't work that way.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#72dennis941012Posted 1/30/2013 6:51:17 PM
EA = worst company in America
on the other news all the game they released for wii u was terrible
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#73megametal42Posted 1/30/2013 6:56:47 PM
ZatchBell posted...
EA is awful, I have not bought a game from EA in the last 10 years and I have missed nothing.

While I agree that EA is not a great company, they have bought a lot of good ones and made some really good games...Mass Effect, Dead Space, and Dragon Age all come to mind.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag/Playstation Network - Dethmetal42
i5-2550 @3.4ghz | 16gb DDR3 1333mhz | AMD 6950 | 240gb ssd | Coolmaster Silent Pro 1200w
#74flyersfan87Posted 1/30/2013 6:58:58 PM
The term 'gen 4' is an internal term of EA. The people that have already stated it are correct, when EA says gen 4, they are talking about the upcoming consoles, Durango and Orbis specifically. At the same time, that's just what EA thinks. As the first comment in the linked article stated, EA now hates Nintendo because they had a deal in place to make Origin the online component for the Wii U and Nintendo didn't like the way things were looking and ultimately backed out.

We don't know if the Wii U is truly next gen yet because its heavy hitters have yet to be released. If they don't release something categorically better than the best games on the 360 and PS3 by holiday 2013...the system will get buried. You can gloat and/or cry then.
#75Baha05Posted 1/30/2013 7:01:00 PM
flyersfan87 posted...
We don't know if the Wii U is truly next gen yet because its heavy hitters have yet to be released. If they don't release something categorically better than the best games on the 360 and PS3 by holiday 2013...the system will get buried. You can gloat and/or cry then.

Except Wii U is next generation.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#76El_ZaggyPosted 1/30/2013 7:04:01 PM
I think everybody is smart enough to admit the wii u is weak and not next gen. We dont need EA to convince us.
#77Marley237Posted 1/30/2013 7:06:14 PM
Wii U IS "next-gen" and is indicative of what's to come. Expect the PS4 and XBox 720 to be similarly underpowered, and don't expect to see the kind of jump we're used to. The economy still hasn't recovered and it won't for many years. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo cannot afford to invest in anything that rivals a gaming PC.
#78flyersfan87Posted 1/30/2013 7:06:56 PM
Baha05 posted...
flyersfan87 posted...

Except Wii U is next generation.

We can go around in circles all day. Obviously, next gen to you is simply because its the Wii's successor. Next gen to me is significant upgrade over the previous gen. No visual proof that its an upgrade as of now.
#79Baha05Posted 1/30/2013 7:09:53 PM
flyersfan87 posted...
We can go around in circles all day. Obviously, next gen to you is simply because its the Wii's successor. Next gen to me is significant upgrade over the previous gen. No visual proof that its an upgrade as of now.

It's next gen to the industry, besides there have always been really inconsistent graphics in each generation when you had multiple consoles. The Wii U is a step up from the Wii and is already pushing graphics that it took the PS3 and 360 years to get to. And besides in the grand scheme of things the graphics and capability for all Gen 8 consoles will be obsolete in a year from each release.
---
#80Sirian_HawkPosted 1/30/2013 7:10:46 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
So you think they are saying "The Wii U is next gen but Sony's new console is out yet"? That still doesn't make any sense.

No, they are saying the PS4 will be gen 4 (hence the "gen 4 hasn't started yet") and that the Wii-U isn't strong enough to be considered in the same generation as that. They are calling the Wii-U current gen.

Except they clearly group it with "next gen"

And it is Gen 8 now. 4 has long since passed.

But they don't group it in. That is the whole point of this thread. EA saying it isn't next gen.

And it is gen 8 to you, and although that may be correct in Nintendo's case, it isn't true of Sony and MS. In fact, it can called more accurately be called gen 4 since this will be the fourth generation of consoles in the current console war (with the exception of MS who entered late). Sony, MS and Nintendo are the only real competitors in that, as Sega and others are gone. This current console race (in terms of MS vs. Sony vs. Nintendo) is entering the fourth generation with the PS4.

EA doesn't consider the Wii-U to be valid competition against the PS4 (and probably the 720) and so choose not to accept it as part of their gen 4.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.