Nintendo and other consoles for launch...

#1RollinfromhellPosted 1/30/2013 4:43:19 PM
Should stop worrying about their little greedy money in their pockets, wait an extra 8 months to a year when they have games that are developed and done, and release their consoles then. At least there would be at least 5-6 SOLID titles and maybe even exclusives that everyone can be happy with. More games = more people interested in the system for the games = more sales and happier customers.

I admit, the system is amazing. However, the lack of game selection (yes been repeated over and over here) truly sucks. Mario is a good title, but it truly is just a revamp of the original Super Mario Bros and has been revamped in HD. Nothing innovative, nothing new. Nothing fresh, almost NOTHING. I don't mean to dawg on people's series, but people have truly called it out here. I don't mean to offend anyone here, sorry if I do. I think Sony/Microsoft should wait. People don't have trouble shelling out the money if they have the games to play.

Mario is great, Galaxy is an awesome series. But releasing a 2D title over and over again is the only thing keeping Mario stable and holding people over for the Galaxy games. First party Nintendo games are most of the time AMAZING. Very solid games. We just need more of it, then they will get their sales.

This thread isn't ment to be that serious, just launch frustrations. I know it's about business for them, but just my opinion and the stating the obvious.
#2CaioNVPosted 1/30/2013 4:47:29 PM
Rollinfromhell posted...
More games = more people interested in the system for the games = more sales and happier customers.

Expect people are not going to expend 300 dollars in one purchase of games. They will buy one or two and only buy the next games after a price drop or used copies. Releasing them with enough time between each one for people to completely play their games will result in more people paying the full price.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#3Rollinfromhell(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:54:07 PM
CaioNV posted...
Rollinfromhell posted...
More games = more people interested in the system for the games = more sales and happier customers.

Expect people are not going to expend 300 dollars in one purchase of games. They will buy one or two and only buy the next games after a price drop or used copies. Releasing them with enough time between each one for people to completely play their games will result in more people paying the full price.

That is exactly my point.. People will find something they enjoy. Move on, finish their game or two, and move on to the next 1 or 2 as they move along. By that time, they will have more games made or in the coming months when they finish the launch titles. It would satisfy customers. I also see your point. The problem is with these console launches, is the lack of games. That's really the main complaint. That is why people get rid of their consoles, then purchase again on craigslist because they are finished with their 1 or 2 games they got for launch.

Off-Topic a little bit: I understand the whole no rental policy, because it is screwing game developers as well and people are not buying games. As much as I enjoy it, they can take my money and it will help them develop more titles and support the developers. It is a smart move for Sony, people will rebel against it. But if they got their money, they will have better games/more games coming out.
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 1/30/2013 4:56:06 PM
CaioNV posted...
Rollinfromhell posted...

you clearly don't know consumers. if there's a game out they want, chances are they'll buy it price drop in or not. and i don't think 3-4 months qualifies as "enough time." thats far too long between releases, plain and simple.
#5Sirian_HawkPosted 1/30/2013 5:08:32 PM
Nintendo always does this to try and let "the little guy" get some sales. If they constantly released the big games, people would buy those and ignore the rest. Same with the VC. Release only a few games at a time to let them get sales.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#6Rollinfromhell(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:27:52 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Nintendo always does this to try and let "the little guy" get some sales. If they constantly released the big games, people would buy those and ignore the rest. Same with the VC. Release only a few games at a time to let them get sales.

I understand that. But if they have third party games and people already own the Wii U, they WILL buy them if they are a fan. Say I'm a fan of the Resident Evil, Sonic, etc. It comes out for the Wii U and I own both consoles. If I'm a dedicated Nintendo fan, I most likely will buy it for the Wii U. People who are dedicated to their favorite games, (regardless of first party taking over) will definitely be interested. I see what you mean on them not buying them (they are less likely to do so), however I'm pretty sure it would help people buy their console is all I'm saying.