gamepad connectivity issue

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. gamepad connectivity issue

User Info: xgamer1224

xgamer1224
3 years ago#1
hello! i bought my wii u on Saturday and have been noticing a strange issue with the connection between the gamepad and the wii u console. at random the connection will drop and the error message "the connection with the wii u console has been lost" will be displayed on the gamepad. I called nintendo and sent my wii u and gamepad in for repairs. has anyone elose been having this issue at all?
3DS friend code: 4940-5580-4635
Pokemon White FC: 5071 8848 1516

User Info: Reedeemer

Reedeemer
3 years ago#2
Yeah its happened sometimes at boot if your console and controller are out of sync. I've noticed it happen when I turn the console off and then on but kept the controller on throughout that, like if my using it as a TV remote for instance, maybe its just me though.

:P Either way you can fix that with a power restart as with most things. Turn off the controller and console, unplug the power cord, wait abt. 15s, plug in the cord, power it up.

Edit: Also I noticed you just recently got the console, you are aware that the controller will only work within so many feet of the console, right? Just making sure.
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873

User Info: xgamer1224

xgamer1224
3 years ago#3
Yeah I know the distance. Mine is 5 feet away from the console. And I tried those steps with Nintendo support and it still would disconnect randomly.
3DS friend code: 4940-5580-4635
Pokemon White FC: 5071 8848 1516
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. gamepad connectivity issue

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived