Can we discuss Nintendos problems?

#21_FalstaffPosted 1/31/2013 12:14:17 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I just wanted a topic without the trolls, guess that isn't possible :(

Unfortunately, you'll forever be in a catch-22 if that is your goal in creating topics like this one.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#22Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:31:33 AM
I wish they revisited old IP and made new ones more often. Too much Mario or Zelda, regardless of quality, is only hurting them.

I also wish that they start taking more risks. I love what they did with Fire Emblem Awakening. Do it to your other IP. Voice acted Zelda or something.

Same, they have some really good IPs they have ditched for whatever reason. Like Custom Robo and Mother.
#23diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 12:36:30 AM
No trolling, no whining, none of that annoying BS. Just vent your frustrations with Nintendo.

I personally don't understand how a console can be launched in 2012 and still tie purchases to the console instead of an account.

Tying a DL to the Wii U makes it difficult to illegally share games. 3rd party devs hate it when they lose a sale because a game is shared illegally. Having a DL tied to a console makes 3rd party devs happy and confident they can digitally market a game on a Wii U.

Just a hypothesis. I know little about the topic and am open to learning more.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#24Shamrock99Posted 1/31/2013 12:38:07 AM
FlyinTonite posted...
I wish nintendo released a console with better specs to be quite honest.

Well that's two of us.
---
http://tinyurl.com/aq59rr3 http://tinyurl.com/aby2u6f http://tinyurl.com/bza5cjw
http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
#25Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:38:38 AM
No trolling, no whining, none of that annoying BS. Just vent your frustrations with Nintendo.

I personally don't understand how a console can be launched in 2012 and still tie purchases to the console instead of an account.

Tying a DL to the Wii U makes it difficult to illegally share games. 3rd party devs hate it when they lose a sale because a game is shared illegally. Having a DL tied to a console makes 3rd party devs happy and confident they can digitally market a game on a Wii U.

Not really, the Wii had the same system and that was cracked open so fast. Apparently the Wii U has poor security as well, fail0verflow says they have almost got it fully open already.
#26Board_hunter567Posted 1/31/2013 12:40:30 AM
I believe it was in reference to account sharing, not illegal downloading.
#27Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:41:17 AM
I believe it was in reference to account sharing, not illegal downloading.

Oh, maybe then.
#28diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 12:53:41 AM

Not really, the Wii had the same system and that was cracked open so fast. Apparently the Wii U has poor security as well, fail0verflow says they have almost got it fully open already.

this is true. i wasn't clear in my post.

I was thinking more like sharing without cracking. like two friends hustling the restrictions by sharing an account.
---
#29Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:56:18 AM

I was thinking more like sharing without cracking. like two friends hustling the restrictions by sharing an account.

Like the PS3 style where you can share with up to 7 people?
#30diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 1:05:17 AM

Like the PS3 style where you can share with up to 7 people?

is that possible? I've heard about it and been offered games this way, but I've never seen it done.
---