Can we discuss Nintendos problems?

#31Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:13:01 AM
Yep, it's doable. And even then games are still released on PSN so I don't think it's a big deal to developers.
#32StarBladeEdgePosted 1/31/2013 1:17:17 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
No trolling, no whining, none of that annoying BS. Just vent your frustrations with Nintendo.

I personally don't understand how a console can be launched in 2012 and still tie purchases to the console instead of an account.

this one time i agree with you this is indeed stupid....but thats it.
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company Let's destroy the wiiu board trolls!
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#33diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 1:23:25 AM
Yep, it's doable. And even then games are still released on PSN so I don't think it's a big deal to developers.

Devs may lose less money to account hacks and crackers than the cut they have to give to retailers overall.

With people being so upset about not actually owning a DL, and only carrying licenses on an account, shouldn't they be happy that they can keep their Wii U DLs on a piece of hardware that they actually physically possess? Downloading to a Wii U sort of turns the console into a super cart.

One thing I'm beginning to grasp about N's business model is that they like to kiss everyone's ***, or at least make them think their *** was kissed. Even B&M can stand to profit from N's digital business model!
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#34Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:24:42 AM
And if my Wii U is stolen? Gotta buy all those games again.

And if my PS3 is stolen? Just call Sony, unregister that model and link the new one, download all my games again.
#35diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 1:34:48 AM

And if my PS3 is stolen? Just call Sony, unregister that model and link the new one, download all my games again.

That would suck.

Also, as easy as the Wii > Wii U transfer was, it's much easier to just activate an account on a new console. Like when PS4 finally makes its way into my living room I'll be able to just sign in with my PSN account and just keep gaming.

Sony does that service for free too.
---
#36Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:35:45 AM

That would suck.

Also, as easy as the Wii > Wii U transfer was, it's much easier to just activate an account on a new console. Like when PS4 finally makes its way into my living room I'll be able to just sign in with my PSN account and just keep gaming.

Yep, Nintendo seriously needs to fix this problem/.
#37diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 1:43:05 AM

That would suck.

Yep, Nintendo seriously needs to fix this problem/.

What problem are you referencing? The problem of stolen consoles, or the problem of turning Sony consumers into Sony products via marketing PSN accounts to devs without true consent on behalf of users? ;)
---
#38nbean16Posted 1/31/2013 1:49:15 AM
Why do you care about nintendos problems? You dont own the system. Can we discuss why your life is so empty that you troll here endlessly? Please take the advice ive given you in Other threads.
#39DarthFloatyPosted 1/31/2013 2:10:36 AM
My top 5 issues with Nintendo:

1) They always attract a strong hatedom, who does everything they can to whine and complain about them.

2) I do wish they'd connect the NNID to the 3DS and to the individual.

3) They hold their money a bit to closely, I'd prefer if they'd spend a bit more on getting 3rd party exclusives, like Bayonetta (although it seems they'll be doing this in the future).

4) For some reason, even when doing very well or just pretty good (like right now), Nintendo is always doomed (like right now).

5) They don't do virtual console the way I like, having newer systems games out already. Although that is very possibly ignorance of myself of how financially and practically possible that is.
#40DTY3Posted 1/31/2013 8:44:15 AM
I wish they revisited old IP and made new ones more often. Too much Mario or Zelda, regardless of quality, is only hurting them.

I also wish that they start taking more risks. I love what they did with Fire Emblem Awakening. Do it to your other IP. Voice acted Zelda or something.

Same, they have some really good IPs they have ditched for whatever reason. Like Custom Robo and Mother.

For the last time, they didnt ditch Mother.

It was a trilogy. It's over. Besides if Itoi made anymore Mother games people would be whining and screaming rehash anyway.

Oh yeah also. Blame Itoi. Not Nintendo.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.