It's so nice that Eshop games load from an external drive.

#1STN79Posted 1/31/2013 12:40:43 AM(edited)
You'll never have to worry about the Wii U's limited internal storage. Just hook up a decent sized external HD and you'll have all the room you need. Games load right off there too. That's one thing Sony's highly advanced system can't do.
#2blablablax17Posted 1/31/2013 12:43:55 AM
First off, why you gotta be trollin'?

Secondly, i would be suprised if Sony and MS' next consoles dont include this feature.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '06.
#3FoppePosted 1/31/2013 12:44:55 AM
Open the external drive box, remove the harddrive, insert the harddrive in your PS3, and suddenly you can play Wii U games on your PS3.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 12:50:31 AM
STN79 posted...
You'll never have to worry about the Wii U's limited internal storage. Just hook up a decent sized external HD and you'll have all the room you need. Games load right off there too. That's one thing Sony's highly advanced system can't do.

i'm pretty sure u can swap HDDs in the PS3. may not be as easy as the Wii U, but it's not really a hassle either. and it's unlikely it is necessary on the PS3. on the Wii U u need to eventually buy an external HDD.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#5Dark_Link92Posted 1/31/2013 12:57:31 AM
diggyfresh posted...
STN79 posted...

i'm pretty sure u can swap HDDs in the PS3. may not be as easy as the Wii U, but it's not really a hassle either. and it's unlikely it is necessary on the PS3. on the Wii U u need to eventually buy an external HDD.

Pretty sure that voids the warranty, doesn't it?
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#6STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:58:43 AM
I never said you couldn't swap the drive in a PS3. I'm saying games won't load unless they are on the internal drive. With Wii U you can keep everything on the external and load it right from there. For some reason Sony doesn't think you should be able to do that. Not trollin either i have a PS3 I just think that's strange how Nintendo's outdated technology has a feature not possible on Sony's system. I mean besides the whole touch pad thing.
#7blablablax17Posted 1/31/2013 1:01:05 AM
STN79 posted...

It actually is a hassle on the PS3.
You have to go through the stupid backup utility that takes FOREVER and then it only backups your saves (i believe.) You will loose your music/pics/videos/ (and maybe game installs, im not sure) unless you back them up seprately.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '06.
#8FoppePosted 1/31/2013 1:01:24 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
diggyfresh posted...
STN79 posted...

Nope.
The PS3 manual even tells you how to do it, it's easy as pie.
And if you buy the 12 GB PS3, you are pretty much forced to install a harddrive.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:05:34 AM
I actually just did a backup on my PS3. The whole damn process took 5 hours. Having all your Wii U downloads on an external means you'll never have to do a back up. It's all right there and ready to play. Heck even on the original Wii games loaded directly from an SD card. Pretty sure PS3 doesn't allow that either.
#10diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 1:06:19 AM
Foppe posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...
diggyfresh posted...
STN79 posted...

Nope.
The PS3 manual even tells you how to do it, it's easy as pie.
And if you buy the 12 GB PS3, you are pretty much forced to install a harddrive.

What?! There's a 12 GB version? That's crazy talk. How could a company so focused on downloadable content release a 12 GB console?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade