What if nintendo had made the Wii U more powerful...

#1Artillatron7Posted 1/31/2013 1:12:46 AM
Would you be willing to pay an extra $100 for it? I don't know if I would. $450 seems like a bit too much. The PS3 was $500 and $600 when it first released. And as a result the sales were very low for it.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/260ed8i.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wvpAA.jpg
#2quickposterPosted 1/31/2013 1:16:45 AM
It wouldn't have mattered and would only have hindered things in the long run I think. The reason people put so much emphasis on power is because a lot of third parties said power was the issue as to why they couldn't expand their games there. But it isn't losing third party support anyway so at the end of the day this will be an issue to a niche part of the market.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#3DarthFloatyPosted 1/31/2013 1:20:47 AM
$400 would be the most I would have gotten it for. And I've have been mad then. I think Nintendo made a wise decision with the pricing, the pieces have fallen where they may.
#4YamagishiDPosted 1/31/2013 1:24:46 AM
My gripe with specs is that the higher they go, the higher production costs go, and in turn the more studios close. Or, that's how I see it anyways. I mean having to sell like 2 million copies just to break even is kind of high. I'm not against each generation having more powerful hardware, but at the same time, some middle ground would be nice, or maybe people could stop expecting top of the line graphics from everything. It isn't like they are ever going to catch up to computers.
#5diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 1:27:48 AM
Artillatron7 posted...
Would you be willing to pay an extra $100 for it? I don't know if I would. $450 seems like a bit too much. The PS3 was $500 and $600 when it first released. And as a result the sales were very low for it.

I would have paid another $100. I'm not sure how much power $100 buys tho.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#6ElectricKaibutuPosted 1/31/2013 1:34:25 AM
If it were more powerful I think it would help Nintendo get more multiplats when Sony's and Microsoft's next consoles come out.

Besides that, I personally don't care about raw power. Pretty graphics are great but I really just care about jaggies and framerate. For first party games at least those seem like non issues. I'm so glad we've put 480p behind us.
#7SolisPosted 1/31/2013 1:36:44 AM
An expensive console will eventually be cheap, but an underpowered console is underpowered forever.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#8quickposterPosted 1/31/2013 1:40:00 AM
Solis posted...
An expensive console will eventually be cheap, but an underpowered console is underpowered forever.

It isn't underpowered. A HD system is a powerful console.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#9diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 1:40:21 AM
Solis posted...

And cheap consoles will eventually be expensive?

And a powerful system will be powerful forever?

What are you trying to prove?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#10ElectricKaibutuPosted 1/31/2013 1:42:07 AM
Solis posted...

I think he's talking about the PS2.