The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

#1wskingwsPosted 1/31/2013 2:28:56 AM
The way I see it the last 3 Nintendo consoles have been secondary consoles, people usually have their main console in this case being the ps3/xbox360 then the Nintendo console which they don't play as often as the other ones.

Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

This is a serious question. I'm curious because with the "stronger third party support" Nintendo promised I was thinking on making the wii u my main console but after seeing how some of the third party games perform on it (and the lack of players on online games like black ops 2) i quickly dropped that idea.
---
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN
#2justin_mcPosted 1/31/2013 2:33:49 AM
Nintendo consoles have been my main source of gaming for almost my entire 25 years of life. These days my Wii U shares a bit more time with my PC, but Nintendo has always been my go-to company. I have a 360, but aside from a couple of games, it's collecting dust.
#3tuznecotePosted 1/31/2013 2:34:11 AM
Thats a really good question. I personally don't. That seems abit of a bad move this day and age.
#4DarthFloatyPosted 1/31/2013 2:34:23 AM
My brother is 95% Nintendo 5% PC. He plays tons of SNES - Wii U games all the time, though, so he's got a huge reference pool.

And I was 100% Nintendo till the GC, then had a Wii and a PS3. Back to just a Wii U and 3DS now, with some sprinklings of PC.

So far the only multiplat that isn't coming to the Wii U that I actually want it Tomb Raider (never played one, but it looks good), so I'll grab that on PC. Otherwise, yeah, Nintendo main FTW. I don't think I'll get a PS4720, because I couldn't justify not getting 5 - 8 games on the Wii U to get one of them when I already have a PC to run some games that won't be on Wii U.
#5PaperDolphinPosted 1/31/2013 2:34:43 AM
I was nintendo-only but I recently got a ps3 which I rarely use, and when I do it's mostly for blu-rays. I wouldn't even consider getting an xbox, those things have nothing to play at all. So nothing beats Nintendo!
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#6diggyfreshPosted 1/31/2013 2:36:05 AM
wskingws posted...
Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

some gamers do. kids that don't make buying decisions are forced to go 100% Nintendo when their parents just buy a Wii and that's it.

casual gamers likely go 100% wii. they don't have much of a preference, just get what they know.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#7ElectricKaibutuPosted 1/31/2013 2:40:01 AM
I haven't only owned a Nintendo system since the SNES. For the longest time I technically only owned a Wii but that was because I was into PC gaming and had close friends with 360s and PS3s. I decided to get a PS3 about a year ago and I'll most likely get a PS4.
#8leopoldsharkPosted 1/31/2013 2:40:37 AM
I used GC main with Xbox as a secondary for Halo among others. I was preoccupied with WoW most of the previous gen so I picked up PS3 and Wii later on.

I would rather Nintendo focus on getting unique games than try and get ports for every game on the other systems. The Wii may have only had like 20 or so titles worth owning, but I got far more enjoyment out of them than any of the PS3 games I have. If the same thing happens for the Wii U, I would say it met my expectations.
#9Sweeper09Posted 1/31/2013 2:42:28 AM
I don't really have a "main".

I have all the exclusives that are interesting to me on each console (PS3, 360, Wii, Wii U). Every other game I get I wait to see what the benefits are.

For example, I have ME1 Platinum Edition for the 360, ME2 for the PS3 (Comic and all DLC), and ME3 for the Wii U. Although ME3 for the Wii U was a bad choice I guess because it isn't having anymore DLC releases :(

If there aren't any perks to getting one version over the other, I look to see which community is larger. I do have more games for my 360 though. Looking on my shelf.... Coming up on 100 360 games with the release of DS3... maybe 70-80 PS3 and Wii each and 8 Wii U games.

I spend too much on video games!
---
I like video games. Go ahead, hate me for it.
#10PaperDolphinPosted 1/31/2013 2:48:28 AM
diggyfresh posted...
wskingws posted...

some gamers do. kids that don't make buying decisions are forced to go 100% xbox when their parents just buy a Wii and that's it.

casual gamers likely go 100% xbox. they don't have much of a preference, just get what they know.

Fixed. Do you know how many casuals I know play xboxes and call of duty? those 2 go hand in hand as the most casual thing right now.
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!