Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

#111kobalobasileusPosted 1/31/2013 12:13:27 PM
Wii was my main console last gen. I have 3x as many (good) Wii games as I have PS3 games. Of course, I don't subscribe to the theory that a brown and gray cover with a big M on it makes a game spectacular.
#112ballermat982Posted 1/31/2013 12:19:15 PM
Nintendo is always my main because I love their games. They will probably be my main next gen and the gen after and so on.
#113R_ChampPosted 1/31/2013 12:29:17 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
Wii was my main console last gen. I have 3x as many (good) Wii games as I have PS3 games. Of course, I don't subscribe to the theory that a brown and gray cover with a big M on it makes a game spectacular.

The last point is a good one. Not that the brown and gray are bad, but I find so many games that people flaunt as amazing because of these qualities (and a big budget) that aren't very fun (which is why I play games). For me, games like Dead Space and Dragon Age were just attempts to be graphic and mature, but I'd rather play Mario Galaxy 2 or Xenoblade anyday.

But I'm also glad I didn't miss out on great games like Fallout 3, Mass Effect, and Read Dead Redemption.

I'd wouldn't say I "main" Nintendo consoles, but they're always there to fall back on. All of my MS or Sony systems have had a lot of hardware issues: None of my Nintendo ones. Nintendo exlusives are always good too, IMO.
#114mithos08Posted 1/31/2013 12:42:24 PM
I used to main only nintendo, even though my GC wasn't as used as the N64 was.
But after purchasing the Wii only for SSBB i got terribly disappointed, so I am about to buy a Ps3 and try to play all the games I couldn't enjoy on nintendo's
---
-Love is a brand of egoism that ignores the feelings of its mark while insisting on its own selfish demands.
-Hail to Lord Yggdrasil!
#115GhostMaker1988Posted 1/31/2013 12:43:52 PM
Nintendo handhelds = God tier
Nintendo consoles = Average tier.
#116Ampharos64Posted 1/31/2013 12:46:37 PM
Terotrous posted...
Tell that to Japan. No one wants 360s over there and people don't use their PCs for games. Even PS3 has had trouble moving big numbers, it's mostly Nintendo and handhelds over there.

By the same token, anyone from the west whose tastes generally align with the Japanese will probably have similar preferences.

My tastes do, but that's why I have a PS3. JRPGs are after all pretty popular in Japan, and it kind of makes sense to own a PS3 if you're into them.
#117Semi45aPosted 1/31/2013 1:27:53 PM
grammar error
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#118MeLikeyPiePosted 1/31/2013 1:30:36 PM
I used to, until this last generation where the Wii was an utter failure. Personally, things are looking kinda up for the WiiU but I can't decide that until I see the PS4.
---
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
#119PerfektDarPosted 1/31/2013 1:36:57 PM
mehhh it's tough...

I haven't enjoyed Nintendo so much since Gamecube, but even that wasn't as hype as SNES for me.

The issue I'm having with XBOX and PS3 games is how drab all of them are. I like animated things, and while Nintendo games are usually nice to look at, most of the games are lacking in depth....

It's not a 1:1 comparison, but I was comparing DMC 3 (one of my favorite games of all time) to the Kid Icarus reboot. They are BOTH good games despite their differences.

The new DMC doesn't do it for me...I didn't like the "adult" dialog... there was so much unneeded swearing I thought I was listening to some elementary school kids learning to swear.

If Nintendo could get it's difficulty curve back, I'd be all for it. Nintendo should have been happy that Smash Bros GCN had an audience. The next game should have improved the balance - not level the playing field by nuking technique. I don't mind Mario being the Mickey of gaming (play with your kids for life), but where are the games FOR ME ?!
---
Brawl Friend Code: 4296-2645-6438
#120RicardoSForeverPosted 1/31/2013 1:43:25 PM
Wii was my main, but now it's my PSP and 3DS. When I get me a Vita and Wii U, it's gonna be Vita, 3DS and Wii U. I like Nintendo consoles, and Sony handhelds the most. My PS3, only for the exclusives, since I don't really care about other multiplats, besides Borderlands.
---
If this world was noob free; than nobody could laugh at least once!