Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

#171LordChewbaccaPosted 2/1/2013 5:58:24 AM
Main Sony home consoles and a pc with Nintendo being my portables of choice (gba, DS, 3DS) because psp does not interest me and psvita is total crap.
---
"DMC4 is the best entry in the series"-AlexxShadenk777
#172IIICE_COLDPosted 2/1/2013 6:01:05 AM
wskingws posted...
The way I see it the last 3 Nintendo consoles have been secondary consoles, people usually have their main console in this case being the ps3/xbox360 then the Nintendo console which they don't play as often as the other ones.

Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

This is a serious question. I'm curious because with the "stronger third party support" Nintendo promised I was thinking on making the wii u my main console but after seeing how some of the third party games perform on it (and the lack of players on online games like black ops 2) i quickly dropped that idea.

Nintendo definetly isn't my main console with the Wii U because I'm not interested in the system enough (gamewise) to have bought one yet, and the Wii was never my main either. When I had the Gamecube, I also had the other two main home consoles at the time, so I really shared between the 3 --- but it was still probably my lesser played system. NES, SNES and N64 were all my mains versus other systems on the market at the time.
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#173IIICE_COLDPosted 2/1/2013 6:01:39 AM
For me it went...

NES, SNES, N64, PS2, Xbox 360.
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#174Mirror_AuraPosted 2/1/2013 6:15:31 AM
I've always been a PC gamer (except for the DRM stuff like Steam). Nintendo stopped being good around the N64 era, but I picked up a GameCube to get Paper Mario and F-Zero GX. Wii didn't have anything appealing, neither does the Wii U.

I'd love it if Nintendo could produce NES or SNES quality games again. But that just isn't happening right now. Their design skills are... weakened, to be sure. Maybe someday I can get into console gaming again, but that doesn't seem to be anytime soon.

I certainly won't get a PS3 or Xbox 360. Those are just jokes. PS2 was okay, not a really good library though.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#175MozzezzPosted 2/1/2013 4:32:02 PM
Atari was my main around 2-4 years old (can't remember exactly when I started playing video games, probably closer to 4) 1986-1988.

I got the NES for my 5th birthday in 1989 and it was my main system.

Then during their actual eras and only counting the systems and games in them (including PC, but not counting the following: handhelds, extra stuff (such as Linux or the Wii Voting channel), or time spent in arcades (but ports from arcades are counted and any other ports (though there aren't many other ports))...

SNES was my main at around 85% with maybe 15% Genesis with anything else being 1% or less.

N64 and PS were about 50/50 with anything else being 1% or less (if Dreamcast counts for this generation it's more like N64 and PS 45/45 with Dreamcast being played about 10%).

PS2 and Gamecube were about 41.7/41.7 with PC being about 12.7%, Xbox being about 3.9%, and anything else being 1% or less (if Dreamcast counts for this generation it's more like PS2 and Gamecube 39.2/39.2 with PC being at 10.2%, Xbox being at 1.4%, and Dreamcast being at 10%).

Wii and PC were about 42.5/42.5 with PS3 being about 15% and anything else being 1% or less (the only thing is, for PC to be up that high, it has to count a game that had it's main release during that generation, which did have a bunch of changes and wouldn't be considered an expansion but a new version of it, but a form of that game did exist the generation before).

I have a Wii U Deluxe, but haven't got the chance to try it yet.

I sort of mained the NES, but the only time I truly mained a Nintendo console was during the SNES era.
---
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632
#176moogle69Posted 2/1/2013 4:37:50 PM
PaperDolphin posted...
I was nintendo-only but I recently got a ps3 which I rarely use, and when I do it's mostly for blu-rays. I wouldn't even consider getting an xbox, those things have nothing to play at all. So nothing beats Nintendo!

i pretty much agree with this statement.

also a 3DS is nice to.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#177moogle69Posted 2/1/2013 4:40:56 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I feel bad for anyone that only had Nintendo consoles, they missed out on so many games especially from the PS1 PS2 and PS3.

PS1/2 error are the exception for me, they were absolute beasts. PS3 is bad though.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#178FenderMasterPosted 2/1/2013 5:16:53 PM
maining a Nintendo console is stupid, you miss way too many amazing third party games. Not having a Nintendo console as secondary is also stupid, you miss on a handful of the generations best games.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#179FfMaStEr2121Posted 2/1/2013 5:19:29 PM
My Nintendo consoles, handheld or otherwise, are mostly my secondary consoles, but often are my favourite memories.
---
Underdog! Just look at the mess you've made! It's such a shame, a shame, we've gotta find out this way!
#180deoxyscyclonePosted 2/1/2013 5:23:17 PM
I am 100% Nintendo when it comes to gaming. I guess I play a bit on my PC, but that's more for gaming information, not playing games themselves (besides a few browser games I like). But Nintendo has been with me since I was 4-years-old and I got a SNES and an N64. Never looked back.
---
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights