Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

#51EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/31/2013 7:11:47 AM
*looks at sig*

Not even close. I haven't mained a Nintendo system since the SNES and when I had a Gameboy. I've been mainly a Sony guy since the PS1. Nowadays, I play whatever games on each system that interests me. I refuse to ever buy a MIcrosoft system again until they get some more exclusives that interest me, though.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Now playing: RE: Revelations, AC3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Black Ops II, Trine 2, Walking Dead
#52DarkAdonis123Posted 1/31/2013 7:20:29 AM
As much as I love Nintendo's first party games, they're just simply not enough. Their last 3 systems had extremely poor third party support. And It's still up in the air on whether the Wii U will share that same fate.

I'm looking at my collection right now and there are too many games that I own that never came out on Wii. And in the next 6 months more games that I want are skipping the Wi U. For those reasons alone, I would never go Nintendo only or label my Nintendo console as my main source for gaming.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#53Krion64Posted 1/31/2013 7:26:05 AM(edited)
I have an Xbox 360, Wii (for GameCube games), Wii U, DS (for GBA games), GBC (for GB and GBC games), 3DS, PSP (for physical UMD games), Vita, iPhone, iPad, Nexus 7 (an Android tablet), and TI84+ SE graphic calculator.

Out of all those, I prefer to play on my "proper" handhelds most often (mostly 3DS and Vita, lately mostly the Vita, but that's because I have a bunch of games I haven't beat for it yet), even at home. There's something about gaming anywhere that feels very compelling. Even with the Wii U's Gamepad, I can't get a signal outside my room.

Edit: I haven't played the Xbox 360 since January of 2011 (2 months after I bought it), because even though it's mine, because of the fact that it is downstairs in the living room my little brother hogs it, and I almost never travel outside my room anyway.
---
Check my Profile for my PSN ID and 3DS FC if you want to add me
#54EstilPosted 1/31/2013 7:50:15 AM
wskingws posted...
The way I see it the last 3 Nintendo consoles have been secondary consoles, people usually have their main console in this case being the ps3/xbox360 then the Nintendo console which they don't play as often as the other ones.

Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

This is a serious question. I'm curious because with the "stronger third party support" Nintendo promised I was thinking on making the wii u my main console but after seeing how some of the third party games perform on it (and the lack of players on online games like black ops 2) i quickly dropped that idea.

Sure, I was a NES/SNES/N64 only gamer for several years (1990-2000). But MegaMan is one of my all time favorite video game series and for the 5th generation at least, it was either suck it up and get a PS1 (which Mega is pretty much an exclusive of in the in the 5th generation) or go without. :(

So as it stands today, I have all the Nintendo consoles except the 3DS and WiiU (I do want both at some point but there's no real need to rush), a cecha PS3 (so it can play all three generations of PS in one unit), and a Genesis 1 with Sega CD and Power Base Convertor II (TOUGH find!) to play Master System games.

Yes at one point one could much more easily get away with being a Nintendo only gamer. But in my case at least not anymore. But then again, what's the point of having 2-3 major consoles each generation if each one doesn't have its fair share of blue chip exclusives?
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#55Ampharos64Posted 1/31/2013 7:54:30 AM
Used to (was a Nintendo fangirl and wouldn't touch the other systems). The Wii convinced me what a bad idea that was. Now also own a (BC) PS3 and a 360. I still wouldn't 100% say I won't choose just a Nintendo console when I get a next gen system, I wouldn't mind only having one since it's kinda expensive, but it's pretty unlikely I would choose the Wii U I think, there's probably going to be more I want to play on the PS4 judging by this gen.

I hope anyone who does only own a Nintendo system takes the time to look at the other systems and consider. I didn't, till it clicked that my favourite Wii game, Okami, was originally a PS2 game, so I had to acknowledge that the other systems might have more to offer than I'd thought.

BoomerTheGreat posted...
If I would consider any game "casual or childish" it would be stuff like Spyro,Jak and Dexter, Tomb Raider, GTA, Ni No, etc. Not trying to talk down on any other system but how are Wii games "casual or childish" when the above games arent.

How can Ni no Kuni possibly be casual? It's a pretty niche game. And it has unfairly received accusations of being childish, that isn't something that only happens with Nintendo games.
#56Ultima_MagikarpPosted 1/31/2013 7:57:16 AM
I'm not a fan of many "adult" games, with the exception of major ones (Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, anything by Valve), so I just play all those on PC. But yes, my only console has been Nintendo for a while now, just because of all of its exclusives. I can get whatever else I want on Steam, but if I want Zelda or Mario, it's gotta be on a Nintendo console.
#57Bahamut_10thPosted 1/31/2013 8:12:55 AM(edited)
During gen 3, 5 and 6, I didn't main Nintendo consoles.
To me 5 and 6 were the gens sony had better exclusives. PS2 was pretty meh but compared to Xbox and Gamecube but it was by far the best option so I sticked to that.
When the Wii was announced I decided I'd give Nintendo another chance. Didn't regret it one bit, and the console ended being more fun than anything from the previous two generations at the time IMO.
So this whole 'maining' Nintendo consoles didn't start for me until the Wii.
#58P00DGEPosted 1/31/2013 8:10:32 AM
"Last 3 consoles"

I hope this means Gamecube and beyond. The N64 was brilliant. I still also "mained" the gamecube. But that was also when I started getting into PC gaming. Now I "main" PC gaming.
#59thealmightydibPosted 1/31/2013 8:18:25 AM
I do, the other consoles just cost more money, its nothing other than that, also Nintendo introduced me to gaming and has been fairly consistent since then. I did have and love a ps2 and i'd get a ps3 if money weren't an issue
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U
#60blunderminePosted 1/31/2013 8:19:16 AM
Wii was my main console last gen. I also have a PS3.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?