Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

#61JeroisourosinPosted 1/31/2013 8:25:06 AM
Nintendo consoles are my main because in my own opinion they have always had the best games,more focused on gameplay than graphics which makes them more enjoyable for me.
---
I don't hate the product,I hate the fanboys the product creates.
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#62sejan12Posted 1/31/2013 8:27:56 AM
I'm going Wii U and 3DS only this generation. I only had a Wii for most of last generation. I guess that I "mains" Nintendo consoles. I'm 26, working full time, and married. I simply don't have the time to dedicate to gaming to justify more than one console.
#63tr1besPosted 1/31/2013 8:31:33 AM
I have a wii but I don't use it often because there aren't many games that interest me. Maybe because of my age as I mature and I live out of children/family games. Also, I usually play game alone. I play mostly on the ps1-ps3 games at home. I do have older retro game systems like SNES, GEN, Dreamcast, and Saturn. I play does if I want to play a particular game. However, I work majority of the time and I can barely play about 20-30 min a day on the main console. Majority of the time, I play my hack ds lite at break time in work.

If I have kids, I would probably endorse Nintendo more than the adult video games system like Playstation or XBOX. Adult video games tend to be too violent for young audience. I know a few parents with young kids who let them play Call of Duty black Opts and many other violent games,
#64kjellboyPosted 1/31/2013 8:44:51 AM
tr1bes posted...
I have a wii but I don't use it often because there aren't many games that interest me. Maybe because of my age as I mature and I live out of children/family games. Also, I usually play game alone. I play mostly on the ps1-ps3 games at home. I do have older retro game systems like SNES, GEN, Dreamcast, and Saturn. I play does if I want to play a particular game. However, I work majority of the time and I can barely play about 20-30 min a day on the main console. Majority of the time, I play my hack ds lite at break time in work.

If I have kids, I would probably endorse Nintendo more than the adult video games system like Playstation or XBOX. Adult video games tend to be too violent for young audience. I know a few parents with young kids who let them play Call of Duty black Opts and many other violent games,

I wouldn't worry too much about kids and violent games. As long as they are aware that they do play games, that every thing that happens on the screen is pure fictional and nothing else. Unless the kid is aggressive. Then I would force Super Mario and Mario Kart on him/her. :p

I actually do play violent games with my younger brother. He will be 10 this year, and I might play Tekken with him. And only Tekken. He loved it. Though he love to play Mario instead. He doesn't get that frustrated there.

I think it was a couple of years ago. He played it for a while. Then turned his sight on Super Mario. Which, in one way, is good. But I wouldn't worry too much anyway. But that was mostly because he hijacked my DS Lite back then to play New Super MArio Bros. That sneaky little bastard. :p
---
| Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro | CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 | RAM: 8 GB |
#65HarvmoonmaniacPosted 1/31/2013 8:48:09 AM
I DO!!!!!
---
I'm a fan of using "..." on message boards...
#66Zozzilla_MkIIPosted 1/31/2013 8:53:08 AM
My main is PS3, off is Wii U. That being said, there are certain multiplat games I'd rather get on my Wii U.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/i5nkts.png - by Dante_destroyer
Zephyria Morrigan and Fe-9 Vs Baron Von Woofington and Jigglebiscuits
#67tizzywilkillyouPosted 1/31/2013 8:54:10 AM
50/50 Nintendo/PC
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#68Alfieri xPosted 1/31/2013 9:05:41 AM
I have owned every Nintendo home console since the NES, a DSlite and I will buy a Wii U in the future, but I also have a PSP and a PS2. I prefer Nintendo over anything else but I like Sony too.
---
"I call upon thee in the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder.... Indignation!!!" - Genis Sage
#69Zom3ie_PaulPosted 1/31/2013 9:07:59 AM
wskingws posted...
The way I see it the last 3 Nintendo consoles have been secondary consoles, people usually have their main console in this case being the ps3/xbox360 then the Nintendo console which they don't play as often as the other ones.

My PS3 is a Street Fighter machine and I say that with much affection. Otherwise, I play my Wii U more. If I had to pick a "main" console, it would almost certainly be the 3DS.

Hope that helps.
---
Pokemon White FC: 4642 6236 6513
http://www.backloggery.com/GamerPaul2011
#70OshareKeijiPosted 1/31/2013 9:10:42 AM
In my earlier years, I had owned a Famicom (JP NES), a classic Game Boy, Game Boy Color, then later a Game Boy Micro.

Now I'm more into the Playstation series. Currently own all latter versions of the PS 1, 2, Portable and 3. I play them more often than the 360 (which I use only for the Kinect exercise things).

The only Nintendo system I own now is the 3DS, and it's only used when going out. (Game coins from walks, getting other people's Miis, and a time-killer for when I'm waiting for stuff).

None of the Wii-exclusive games actually peaked my interest, and it looks like the U is sharing the 3DS' late bloomer start.
---
http://momoiro-rakuen.blogspot.com/
http://game-time-kouryaku.blogspot.com/