Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?
2 years ago#71
I technically only have a wii and wiiU but I borrow my brother's ps3 and friend's 360 often enough. I also have a preeeeetty good PC which means a lot more things are open to me.
2 years ago#72
It's going to once I get a Wii U. The only generation where that happened for me was with the Wii where I don't use it as much as my 360.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
2 years ago#73
I "main" every console I own. It's not that hard really.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
2 years ago#74
I am 80% PC, 10% Dreamcast (Best system ever imo <3) And 5% GCN/Wii and 5% PS3.

And as for handhelds, 80% 3DS and 20% my XPERIA Play. (Basically a PSP android smartphone)
---
Mother 3 should be re-released on the 3DS VC. People who agree: 67
2 years ago#75
I "mained" Nintendo all the way up until this past generation, when I bought both a PS3 and (regretably) a 360. I might not get the next Playstation though. It will just get incredibly expensive. I could afford to buy and play every game I wanted on a whim with one console but when 2 or 3 come up at the same time, it's harder to do that. I ended up missing out on a lot of great games just because I couldnt afford it or didn't have time to play them.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
2 years ago#76
I also buy Sony systems but I'm still Nintendo first and foremost.

That being said, I think PS1, PS2, and maybe even PSP are better than their Nintendo competition.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
2 years ago#77
Only casuals and kids main Nintendo consoles nowadays. Real gamers play on their PS3/360/PC.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
2 years ago#78
monkeyspoon posted...
Considering how many excellent 3rd party games miss Nintendo consoles, any true gamer wouldn't have a Nintendo console as their main.

A "true" gamer wouldn't look down their nose at any one console. I have a PS3, 360, and a Wii U. I also have a decent PC. I play games on all of them. That's what a "true" gamer does, 'spoon...they play games.

I enjoy all my consoles.
2 years ago#79
Generally I buy a console if it has exclusives that I simply must play and because Nintendo usually releases more than one must-have on their consoles buying a Nintendo console is a given.

During NES, SNES and N64 I was Nintendo only because I didn't have a steady income but since then I had PS2/GCN/X-box, Wii/PS3 and I bought the Wii U but I'll wait and see how Sony and Microsoft go about next gen before I make up my mind. As for handhelds, Nintendo has always been my favourite but the PSP was great and I'm really glad I have it, depending on the new games I buy my PSP and Vita often get more playtime than my DS/3DS.

Ever since N64 I think anyone who ONLY has a Nintendo console and calls himself a gamer should seriously just buy a second console to sit alongside their Nintendo. I personally like the exclusives on PS3 much more than on 360 so for me it was an easy choice. I think owning both a PS3 and 360 is overkill, unless you have plenty of money.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
2 years ago#80
Loregiver posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Considering how many excellent 3rd party games miss Nintendo consoles, any true gamer wouldn't have a Nintendo console as their main.

A "true" gamer wouldn't look down their nose at any one console. I have a PS3, 360, and a Wii U. I also have a decent PC. I play games on all of them. That's what a "true" gamer does, 'spoon...they play games.

I enjoy all my consoles.

So what you're saying is that a true gamer will never main a Nintendo console. Gotcha!
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived