Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

#71Kromlech06Posted 1/31/2013 8:10:50 AM
I technically only have a wii and wiiU but I borrow my brother's ps3 and friend's 360 often enough. I also have a preeeeetty good PC which means a lot more things are open to me.
#72airfoemoePosted 1/31/2013 8:28:35 AM
It's going to once I get a Wii U. The only generation where that happened for me was with the Wii where I don't use it as much as my 360.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#73darkqueenhelbaPosted 1/31/2013 8:32:59 AM
I "main" every console I own. It's not that hard really.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#74CptJigglesPosted 1/31/2013 8:36:51 AM
I am 80% PC, 10% Dreamcast (Best system ever imo <3) And 5% GCN/Wii and 5% PS3.

And as for handhelds, 80% 3DS and 20% my XPERIA Play. (Basically a PSP android smartphone)
---
Mother 3 should be re-released on the 3DS VC. People who agree: 67
#75Virus66Posted 1/31/2013 8:40:39 AM
I "mained" Nintendo all the way up until this past generation, when I bought both a PS3 and (regretably) a 360. I might not get the next Playstation though. It will just get incredibly expensive. I could afford to buy and play every game I wanted on a whim with one console but when 2 or 3 come up at the same time, it's harder to do that. I ended up missing out on a lot of great games just because I couldnt afford it or didn't have time to play them.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#76TerotrousPosted 1/31/2013 8:42:51 AM
I also buy Sony systems but I'm still Nintendo first and foremost.

That being said, I think PS1, PS2, and maybe even PSP are better than their Nintendo competition.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#77LinetrixPosted 1/31/2013 8:44:42 AM
Only casuals and kids main Nintendo consoles nowadays. Real gamers play on their PS3/360/PC.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#78LoregiverPosted 1/31/2013 8:49:09 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Considering how many excellent 3rd party games miss Nintendo consoles, any true gamer wouldn't have a Nintendo console as their main.

A "true" gamer wouldn't look down their nose at any one console. I have a PS3, 360, and a Wii U. I also have a decent PC. I play games on all of them. That's what a "true" gamer does, 'spoon...they play games.

I enjoy all my consoles.
#79noutBrPosted 1/31/2013 8:51:38 AM
Generally I buy a console if it has exclusives that I simply must play and because Nintendo usually releases more than one must-have on their consoles buying a Nintendo console is a given.

During NES, SNES and N64 I was Nintendo only because I didn't have a steady income but since then I had PS2/GCN/X-box, Wii/PS3 and I bought the Wii U but I'll wait and see how Sony and Microsoft go about next gen before I make up my mind. As for handhelds, Nintendo has always been my favourite but the PSP was great and I'm really glad I have it, depending on the new games I buy my PSP and Vita often get more playtime than my DS/3DS.

Ever since N64 I think anyone who ONLY has a Nintendo console and calls himself a gamer should seriously just buy a second console to sit alongside their Nintendo. I personally like the exclusives on PS3 much more than on 360 so for me it was an easy choice. I think owning both a PS3 and 360 is overkill, unless you have plenty of money.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#80LinetrixPosted 1/31/2013 8:52:03 AM
Loregiver posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Considering how many excellent 3rd party games miss Nintendo consoles, any true gamer wouldn't have a Nintendo console as their main.

A "true" gamer wouldn't look down their nose at any one console. I have a PS3, 360, and a Wii U. I also have a decent PC. I play games on all of them. That's what a "true" gamer does, 'spoon...they play games.

I enjoy all my consoles.

So what you're saying is that a true gamer will never main a Nintendo console. Gotcha!
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation