Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

#81TerotrousPosted 1/31/2013 8:53:02 AM(edited)
Linetrix posted...
Only casuals and kids main Nintendo consoles nowadays. Real gamers play on their PS3/360/PC.

Tell that to Japan. No one wants 360s over there and people don't use their PCs for games. Even PS3 has had trouble moving big numbers, it's mostly Nintendo and handhelds over there.

By the same token, anyone from the west whose tastes generally align with the Japanese will probably have similar preferences.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#82PG50Posted 1/31/2013 8:53:37 AM
NES
SNES
N64
GC + PS2, I used my GC more
Wii +360, I used my Wii and 360 fairly equal(Wii for multiplayer, 360 for single player mostly), until I got a decent PC. After that I only use my 360 for Rockband and when I want to play a couple other things that I don't have on PC. But other than Rockband it didn't have a lot of multiplayer games I liked to play with friends.

This gen:
Wii U + PC + We'll see. Unless Nintendo really REALLY drops the ball with Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Mario party, etc., The Wii U will most likely be my main multiplayer console. As far as single player goes, I've seen plenty of games I'm interested in, but we'll see how those turn out before I start claiming the Wii U will be my main singleplayer console.

Is it so bad to like Nintendo consoles the best? Galaxy 1 & 2, SS, SSBB, MKW, Mario Party, Kirby Return to Dreamland, Xenoblade. Those all appeal more to me than Skyrim, Fallout 3 + NV, Red Dead Redemption, GTA4, Left 4 Dead, etc., though I still like all those games.

Those to me are all quality games, though I'll never understand FPS. I didn't even like Golden Eye.
#83cha_fan1Posted 1/31/2013 8:56:03 AM
I do, but FPS isn't really my thing, and I mainly use a console to have friends over and we play games together to unwind from the stresses of the music major.

Nintendo consoles are the mainstay of a local gaming party with Smash Bros, Mario Party, and Mario Kart. Others that have been hits around here are Boom Blox, Wii Sports, Nintendoland, Just Dance, and Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.

For single player, I have the Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon games, as well as Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Metroid, and generally stellar Nintendo franchises.

For the rare violent game that I enjoy, I have PC, but the 3DS/Wii U are easily my go-to systems.
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.
#84Balthor 2001Posted 1/31/2013 9:00:27 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...
I only buy the Nintendo systems, they have always been enough for me, so I always thought buying other consoles would be superfluous for my needs. Nintendo has 6 consoles and 5 handhelds, there are thousands upon thousands of games on Nintendo systems. I have yet to get everything I want on even one of their systems, I am always getting new things for each of them.

Tsutarja, you said exactly what I wanted better than I could have.
---
Pi is awesome, Pi is great, Pi does not end, pie for everyone!
Official Drill Arm of the Kid Icarus Uprising Board
#85LePhenomPosted 1/31/2013 9:02:39 AM
I always main my Nintendo console(s).
This generation it was 98% Nintendo (Wii + DS) and 2% PC.
I'm gonna buy a PS3 the next time the price go down, there's a couple games I wanna play on it.

The gen before, it was 90% Nintendo (GCN + GBA), 7% PS2, 1% Xbox and 2% PC.

But that's only counting the % of "current gens" because I also played a lot of PS1 games this gen, etc. I don't only play recent games.

And most of my friends also "main" their Nintendo consoles. So yes, we exist.
#86Muljo StphoPosted 1/31/2013 9:08:28 AM(edited)
Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

I wouldn't say "won't" but there hasn't really been enough that looks appealing to me or that I feel like I'm missing out on to justify picking up any other consoles. (And currently it seems like I picked up most of what I had been missing out on from the last couple generations when I bought on Steam for the first time in last year's summer sales.)

---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#87LoregiverPosted 1/31/2013 9:03:23 AM
Linetrix posted...
Loregiver posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Considering how many excellent 3rd party games miss Nintendo consoles, any true gamer wouldn't have a Nintendo console as their main.

A "true" gamer wouldn't look down their nose at any one console. I have a PS3, 360, and a Wii U. I also have a decent PC. I play games on all of them. That's what a "true" gamer does, 'spoon...they play games.

I enjoy all my consoles.

So what you're saying is that a true gamer will never main a Nintendo console. Gotcha!

Put words in my mouth all you want...it's clear enough what I said. Stop being a child.
I would not "main" any of them. I enjoy all of them for different reasons...okay?
#88l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 1/31/2013 9:04:07 AM
Yes, but my bro has an Xbox and a PS2 I don't hesitate to use, and I'm hoping to get a PS3 eventually because Sly 3.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#89sonicsonicPosted 1/31/2013 9:07:25 AM
I main Nintendo consoles, cause they are easy to get used too, but have serious depth leaving for some great combos'.

I second, Sony. Difficult to get used to, but can really pay off if you know what your doing.

I don't bother with Microsoft. Stupid moveset. Characters that are created with numerous suicide attacks are lame.
#90Kentaro21Posted 1/31/2013 9:11:30 AM
Secondary my foot. I've been with Nintendo since the SNES days.